Author Topic: American Lutherans--Where Are We?  (Read 2431 times)

Dave Benke

• ALPB Contribution Leader
    • View Profile
    • Atlantic District, LCMS
Re: American Lutherans--Where Are We?
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2022, 02:05:20 PM »
I did a quick web search to see if I might have crossed paths with Pastor Heinemeier in my LCA or ELCA days—I don’t think so. I did stumble on this 2014 video reflection made on the 50th anniversary of his ordination that is well worth watching: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqkE3ZuFymo. May he rest in peace.

Prayers for a speedy and full recovery Pastor Austin and a blessed Easter to all. Tom

Amazing!!! Muchisimas gracias!

Dave Benke

John_Hannah

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2022, 11:25:38 AM »
I did a quick web search to see if I might have crossed paths with Pastor Heinemeier in my LCA or ELCA days—I don’t think so. I did stumble on this 2014 video reflection made on the 50th anniversary of his ordination that is well worth watching: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqkE3ZuFymo. May he rest in peace.

Prayers for a speedy and full recovery Pastor Austin and a blessed Easter to all. Tom

Dave Benke

One of the finest pastors I ever met!

Dave, can I find an obituary somewhere?

Peace, JOHN (Just now returning from Iowa; Charles I thought of you when I was in Sioux City.)
Pr. JOHN HANNAH, STS

Dave Benke

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2022, 11:35:22 AM »

Dave Benke

One of the finest pastors I ever met!

Dave, can I find an obituary somewhere?

Peace, JOHN (Just now returning from Iowa; Charles I thought of you when I was in Sioux City.)

Lots of people are looking for that - I had a call from Judith Biegner, a pastor's daughter from Brooklyn, who is related to the Heinemeiers.  I don't have funeral or other info so will keep hunting.

Dave Benke

peterm

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2022, 02:17:03 PM »
I once took a group of kids from Our Redeemer in Scotia NY to Pr. Heinemeier's congregation in Roxbury to help with their summer program for a couple weeks.  It was a profound experience for all involved.  Rest eternal grant him O Lord
Rev. Peter Morlock- ELCA pastor serving two congregations in WIS

Richard Johnson

• ALPB Administrator
  • Create in me a clean heart, O God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2022, 03:27:15 PM »
Was Pr. Heinemeier the brother of Pr. James Heinemeier, who served in the Sierra Pacific Synod of the ELCA for many years?
The Rev. Richard O. Johnson, STS

Chuck

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2022, 03:57:25 PM »
Was Pr. Heinemeier the brother of Pr. James Heinemeier, who served in the Sierra Pacific Synod of the ELCA for many years?
Yes
Chuck Ruthroff

I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it. —George Bernard Shaw

Chuck

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2022, 04:01:06 PM »

Funny anecdote:
I tried to recruit John a couple of time to serve in Oakland, but he always turned it down. Jim told me it was because none of the congregations were in bad enough position for John to resurrect.
Chuck Ruthroff

I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it. —George Bernard Shaw

Richard Johnson

• ALPB Administrator
  • Create in me a clean heart, O God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 26, 2022, 02:06:21 PM »
In the small world department, Jim's second wife, Irene, went to grade school with me.
The Rev. Richard O. Johnson, STS

Dave Benke

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2022, 07:38:22 PM »
John was pretty much East Coast.  I used to be in the "call of the month club" with the special sauce being urban/inner city, so I had a call to an LCMS congregation in Oakland, which I declined.  I'm also East Coast, which has irritated Judy for the longest, because I had a chance to go to San Diego and she had already bought the plane ticket prior to my declination.  It's just that the Hudson River is such a wonderful moat.  My brother Mike, on the other hand, has been West Coast for a long, long time  with parishes in Cali and Nevada (Reno).  So we're like Jim and John in that regard.

Dave Benke