Author Topic: Concluding Session  (Read 5069 times)

GoCubsGo!

Re: Concluding Session
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2007, 03:03:14 PM »
Yes, thank you Richard!  God's blessings to you!  8)

ptmccain

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2007, 04:33:35 PM »
How does Richard's meal expenses compare to Peter's?

Did Richard find a higher quality of crackers and condiment packages at Navy Pier?

:D

Dave_Poedel

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2007, 08:08:18 PM »
One practical thing the STS could do is post a list of the churches its members pastor on the ALPB website to help us when we are traveling or moving to a new area.  It would cost no money, not involve any decisions on strategy or tactics, and be helpful to us.  Obviously there are fine congregations whose pastor does not belong to the STS, but a partial list of places to worship beats the tar out of no list at all.

Thanks for the suggestion, James.  The STS site does have a membership list that, I believe, lists our congregation, but not the address of the congregation.  While I have not thought of our STS roster being used that way, further thought about the idea does make sense.

If you are in the Phoenix area, please be welcome to join us for Divine Service.

Keith Falk

• ALPB Contribution Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2007, 08:38:14 PM »
How does Richard's meal expenses compare to Peter's?

Did Richard find a higher quality of crackers and condiment packages at Navy Pier?

:D

Probably lower quality, but higher prices... the prices at the Pier were out of sight!
Rev. Keith Falk, STS

Steven Tibbetts

• ALPB Contribution Leader
  • Big tents are for circuses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2007, 03:58:25 AM »
One practical thing the STS could do is post a list of the churches its members pastor on the ALPB website to help us when we are traveling or moving to a new area.  It would cost no money, not involve any decisions on strategy or tactics, and be helpful to us.  Obviously there are fine congregations whose pastor does not belong to the STS, but a partial list of places to worship beats the tar out of no list at all.

The STS website includes a page that lists the Society's members in alphbetical order, and includes the parish(es) and town(s) they serve -- at least of those who have provided such information to the Society's Secretary.  Click the "Officers and Members" link, and use your browser's "find" capabilities searching by your state's abbreviation.

As the Society's webmaster I do try to keep that information as current as possible, but the "herding cats" mentioned elsewhere of the ELCA Bishops applies to members of the STS, too -- at least with some of them in providing current calls, dates and places of chapter retreats, and other useful information.  (We had one guy whose name was misspelled on the roster for 7 years, but he never said a word to anyone about it!) 

Trying to do this with 225 pastors makes one appreciate all the more Secretary Almen and his office's ability to keep track of the ELCA's 10,000 or so clergy.  (And, FWIW, I had the same problem trying to make a phone directory when I was Dean of my Conference...)

Pax, Steven+
The Rev. Steven Paul Tibbetts, STS
Pastor Zip's Blog