Author Topic: Pesach 2021  (Read 3223 times)

Dave Benke

• ALPB Contribution Leader
    • View Profile
    • Atlantic District, LCMS
Re: Pesach 2021
« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2021, 03:27:25 PM »
Thank you, Will.
Our congregation's hymns for Maundy Thursday Divine Service:
LW356: Drawn to the Cross, Which You Have Blessed
LW240: Draw Near and Take the Body of the Lord
LW359: Just As I Am, Without One Plea
LW116: Stricken, Smitten, and Afflicted
LW110: Go to Dark Gethsemane

A lot of singing, in masks, in Season, with Christ at the center and on the way to the cross.
SDG

On Holy Thursday for some years we have conducted a Divine Service using the oils blessed for service earlier in the week at service for many congregations; except last year and this year.  So we have "older" oils.  There are three types of holy oil consecrated in our little part of the Missouri Synod world - chrism for baptisms, oil for anointing the sick, and oil for the catechumens (confirmation/adult affirmation).   Three different odors, all good - eucalyptus in the healing oil.  On Holy Thursday we either combine with reception of the Eucharist or have a separate "altar call" for the anointment for healing.   Then there are other services of healing throughout the year.

Anyway, I have just spoken on how I was raised with one set of hymns and have through the years had them appended by a different set of hymns, all to the good and God's glory. 

So, beginning with the one we're singing that you're singing:
Just As I Am
There is a Balm in Gilead
Te Vengo a Decir
Alone
When Israel was in Egypt's Land
Above All
Were You There
and a song composed by a parishioner as a duet

To repeat - a lot of singing, in masks, in Season, with Christ at the center and on the way to the cross.

Dave Benke