Author Topic: R.I.P. Gerald Speckhard  (Read 1382 times)

Padre Emeritus

• ALPB Forum Member
    • View Profile
Re: R.I.P. Gerald Speckhard
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2021, 12:14:35 PM »
Echoing the community here and the community of saints, we join with you in sorrow and hope.

May the peace of Christ, which passes all understanding, guard and keep you all as you mourn with hope that is sure.

+Dave
The Old Padre Dave Poedel, now retired, coming back to catch up with friends, old and new

Pastor Ken Kimball

• ALPB Forum Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2021, 01:50:56 PM »
The Lord be with you and your family Peter.  Hold onto that "sure and certain hope."  Ken

peter_speckhard

• ALPB Administrator
  • ALPB Contribution Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2021, 02:25:16 PM »
We had a blessed weekend with family and friends and very much appreciate all the prayers, and I personally am thankful for all the personal messages via pm and email from people in the alpb and forum community.

If anyone would like to view my father's funeral service at Immanuel in Valpo from Saturday, here is the link. You have to skip ahead about seven or eight minutes before it starts. My four daughters and two nieces place the pall and form the choir that led Dona Nobis Pacem at the beginning and my two sons are among the pallbearers. My brother-in-law David Gehne does the baptismal remembrance liturgy, my nephew Daniel Speckhard is the lector, and I'm the preacher. Pr. Andrew Fields of Immanuel is the presiding minister. The delay at the end with repeated singing of Jesus Remember Me was due to an unexpected delay as they prepared the military honors in the narthex. And Immanuel in Valpo has probably the best livestreaming/recording system of any place I've checked out.

https://vimeo.com/516373751

David Garner

• View Profile
    • For He is Good and Loves Mankind
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2021, 04:14:56 PM »
I'm sorry to hear this Pastor Speckhard, and also sorry I did not catch it sooner.  May God grant him rest where the just repose, and make his memory eternal.  God's peace be with you and your family.
Orthodox Reader and former Lutheran (LCMS and WELS).

J. Thomas Shelley

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2021, 05:42:53 PM »
One of the preparations for Great Lent in the Orthodox Church is a series of "Saturday of Souls" services held on the final two Saturdays before the Fast as well as the first Saturday of the Fast.

The First Saturday of Souls, sometimes described as "a Funeral for the entire world", will be served this coming Saturday, March 6.

Pr. Gerald Speckhard is on my list of those to be remembered.
Greek Orthodox-Ecumenical Patriarchate

Baptized, Confirmed, and Ordained United Methodist.
Served as a Lutheran Pastor October 31, 1989 - October 31, 2014.
Charter member of the first chapter of the Society of the Holy Trinity.

Chrismated Antiochian Orthodox, eve of Mary of Egypt Sunday, A.D. 2015

Jeremy Loesch

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2021, 09:36:12 AM »
We had a blessed weekend with family and friends and very much appreciate all the prayers, and I personally am thankful for all the personal messages via pm and email from people in the alpb and forum community.

If anyone would like to view my father's funeral service at Immanuel in Valpo from Saturday, here is the link. You have to skip ahead about seven or eight minutes before it starts. My four daughters and two nieces place the pall and form the choir that led Dona Nobis Pacem at the beginning and my two sons are among the pallbearers. My brother-in-law David Gehne does the baptismal remembrance liturgy, my nephew Daniel Speckhard is the lector, and I'm the preacher. Pr. Andrew Fields of Immanuel is the presiding minister. The delay at the end with repeated singing of Jesus Remember Me was due to an unexpected delay as they prepared the military honors in the narthex. And Immanuel in Valpo has probably the best livestreaming/recording system of any place I've checked out.

https://vimeo.com/516373751

Peter, that was a lovely service.  And yes, the quality of the live stream and the information provided was outstanding.

Jeremy
A Lutheran pastor growing into all sorts of things.

Rev. Edward Engelbrecht

• View Profile
    • church history review
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2021, 10:07:03 AM »
The Lord's abiding peace be with you and your family as you await the joy of the resurrection.
I serve as administrator for www.churchhistoryreview.org.