Author Topic: Any mass requests for CW hymnals in 2021-2022?  (Read 399 times)

Commencement2020

• ALPB Forum Member
    • View Profile
Any mass requests for CW hymnals in 2021-2022?
« on: November 29, 2020, 09:12:54 PM »
This thread is for any churches or missions considering making a request for either the 1993 Christian Worship: A Lutheran Hymnal or the 2008 Christian Worship Supplement.

The 1993 Christian Worship was well-bound and can be expected to be in good shape. The supplement may especially suffer from bent covers, but generally supplements don't get used as much as hymnals and are less prone to damage.

When Christian Worship first came out, Lutheran Worship was already old, so some LCMS churches adopted it. I am aware of one LCMS church which used it for blended worship. They supplemented with contemporary worship materials.

Because churches often give away their old hymnals to their members, it can take a little planning to arrange a mass transfer of hymnals between congregations. I am offering to privately contact various WELS pastors to see what might be available, and then contact you to arrange a transfer of free hymnals. Pick-up is preferred over shipping. I am more confident that I will be able to procure supplements rather than hymnals. Most churches do not have the supplements, so they are less available.

The new hymnal is expected to come out in fall 2021, so you could expect to receive them in 2021-2022. This gives you plenty of time to discuss this possibility with your congregation members, or to buy or borrow one yourself to preview it.

If you want just one hymnal, you can buy them online via used booksellers.