Author Topic: Now that the 2020 Election is over....  (Read 56078 times)

peter_speckhard

• ALPB Administrator
  • ALPB Contribution Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Now that the 2020 Election is over....
« Reply #480 on: November 14, 2020, 10:24:21 AM »
So now you’re starting to believe the polls, either?
And was everything the major media reported about trump wrong? Everything? Were the lies actually truth? And is everything you’re now reading in the conservative media reacting to the results of the election, true?
Charles, would you please stop leaping to extremes? Why would you use the word "everything" when you know that the only possible phrase would be "some things" in both our cases? You don't believe EVERYTHING  you read in the media. Nor do I. You don't think EVERYTHING reported in conservative media is a lie. Nor do I. Much of what is reported in response to the election is not true. But I wait until it is shown to be untrue before leaping to that conclusion. You seem to prefer a conclusion preceding any effort even to look into allegations.

Julio

• ALPB Forum Regular
  • Still awaiting the Certified Election Results!
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: November 14, 2020, 10:40:01 AM »
Some hopeful news on the virus front. Nothing to do with Him.
A new team being formed to deal with the virus in the future. Nothing to do with Him.
Did you really mean to capitalize "Him"?
Deifying...albeit backhandedly...the one who you have denigrated these past four years?
You miss the counter-suggestion in Pastor Austin's comment. The point is that 45's supporters have deified 'Him.'  Pastor Austin is not deifying anybody.  It's subtle, I know, but stick with it.
Mr. Teigen: I believe that it is you who is missing the point of J Thomas Shelly’s post. Do style manual support pronoun capitalization in this instance, pronoun capitalization at the end of a sentence, ... or is this yet another gratuitous politically motivated non style supported action.

For many forum users, the time honored (in many Biblical translations) capitalization of pronouns referring to our Triune God is still honored and respected.  While some of the newer translations admittedly have gotten sloppy in this area, many Bible reading Christians are unaccustomed to capitalized pronouns ending a sentence that do not refer to the Triune God.

Perhaps you are in a position to demonstrate that your defense of non style book linguistic gymnastics is anything but an underhanded sniping comment that was politically motivated.

Full disclosure .. as a muzzled poster, J Thomas Shelly’s post provided great joy at the end of an otherwise dismal day of restricted forum participation.🤔

peter_speckhard

• ALPB Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: November 14, 2020, 11:53:20 AM »
https://www.reviewjournal.com/opinion/opinion-columns/victor-joecks/victor-joecks-clark-county-election-officials-accepted-my-signature-on-8-ballot-envelopes-2182390/

Do people believe this story in the media? Mail-in voting is not secure. The "Covid excuse" forced many states to go firmly toward more mail-in voting, and, as was widely predicted, rampant fraud has resulted.

Norman Teigen

• I intend to persuade no one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: November 14, 2020, 11:58:01 AM »
Rampart fraud is not the case at all.  You persist in disseminating uncertainty.  Get over it.  Joe Biden won the 2020 Presidential Election.
Norman Teigen

Charles Austin

• View Profile
    • Charles is Coloring
« Reply #484 on: November 14, 2020, 12:02:41 PM »
Careful readers and those with some sense of humor not obliterated by their Trumpism will notice that I frequently capitalize pronouns referring to the president when I am talking about the adulation given to Him by members of his cult.
Peter, you may not get this, but I think I may do you the favor of concluding that you are either trolling or just baiting me, because I cannot believe that you are so dense as to actually swallow (or even chew on) some of the things you are posting.
Retired ELCA pastor. Iowa born. Now in Minnesota. Twice-vaccinated.

Dan Fienen

• View Profile
« Reply #485 on: November 14, 2020, 12:05:30 PM »
Just how many of the people who post on this forum do you figure are part of Trump's  cult who shower him with adulation and deify him?
Pr. Daniel Fienen
LCMS

Brian Stoffregen

• ἐγὼ δὲ λέγω ὑμῖν, ἀγαπᾶτε τοὺς ἐχθροὺς ὑμῶν
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: November 14, 2020, 12:05:47 PM »
https://www.reviewjournal.com/opinion/opinion-columns/victor-joecks/victor-joecks-clark-county-election-officials-accepted-my-signature-on-8-ballot-envelopes-2182390/

Do people believe this story in the media? Mail-in voting is not secure. The "Covid excuse" forced many states to go firmly toward more mail-in voting, and, as was widely predicted, rampant fraud has resulted.

However, a day earlier, the same paper reported that voter fraud allegations were unproven.
https://www.reviewjournal.com/investigations/voter-fraud-unproven-in-nevada-despite-multiple-trump-campaign-claims-2181421/
"The church … had made us like ill-taught piano students; we play our songs, but we never really hear them, because our main concern is not to make music, but but to avoid some flub that will get us in dutch." [Robert Capon, _Between Noon and Three_, p. 148]

peter_speckhard

• ALPB Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: November 14, 2020, 12:07:07 PM »
Rampart fraud is not the case at all.  You persist in disseminating uncertainty.  Get over it.  Joe Biden won the 2020 Presidential Election.
How do you know rampant fraud is not the case? All these people are lying? How many instances of dead people voting, or people who never requested ballot being told they already voted, or affidavits about back-dating ballots would it take for you? Whether or not it changed the outcome, rampant fraud is the demonstrated, unarguable fact of this election. At this point, that Biden won the election is as certain that Trump colluded with Russia and Joe Biden was not in any way involved in Hunter’s business dealings.

peter_speckhard

• ALPB Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: November 14, 2020, 12:08:26 PM »

However, a day earlier, the same paper reported that voter fraud allegations were unproven.
https://www.reviewjournal.com/investigations/voter-fraud-unproven-in-nevada-despite-multiple-trump-campaign-claims-2181421/
All allegations are unproven. Once proven, they become facts. Do you believe that thousands of dead people voted in this election?

Brian Stoffregen

• ἐγὼ δὲ λέγω ὑμῖν, ἀγαπᾶτε τοὺς ἐχθροὺς ὑμῶν
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: November 14, 2020, 12:09:30 PM »

All allegations are unproven. Once proven, they become facts. Do you believe that thousands of dead people voted in this election?

No. Even if they did, 1000 less votes wouldn't make a difference.
"The church … had made us like ill-taught piano students; we play our songs, but we never really hear them, because our main concern is not to make music, but but to avoid some flub that will get us in dutch." [Robert Capon, _Between Noon and Three_, p. 148]

peter_speckhard

• ALPB Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: November 14, 2020, 12:18:00 PM »

So if someone gave you a list of thousand people whose votes were recorded in this election but who had died long before early voting began, what would you think?

Pr. Terry Culler

• View Profile
« Reply #491 on: November 14, 2020, 12:29:27 PM »

So if someone gave you a list of thousand people whose votes were recorded in this election but who had died long before early voting began, what would you think?

I'd think that Duval County TX is back in business
Goodnewsforabadworld.wordpress.com

Charles Austin

• View Profile
    • Charles is Coloring
« Reply #492 on: November 14, 2020, 12:35:43 PM »
Pastor Fienen:
Just how many of the people who post on this forum do you figure are part of Trump's  cult who shower him with adulation and deify him?
Me:
I don’t know, and I will not make that judgment. But I will note when they refer to the statement of those who do if I the president.
Peter, You are not being careful with language. The allegations do not remain remain allegations because people have tried to prove them true and failed. Then they become either lies or items that have no bearing on the matter at hand.
No, I do not believe that thousands of dead people voted  in this election. Because given the scrutiny applied to the process, don’t you think someone would’ve found some proof of this or even tried to present what they thought was proof?
I ask again, how vast a conspiracy, how many thousands of people would’ve had to be in on some massive attempt to make the election fraudulent in favor of Biden? Thousands of poll workers? Dozens, perhaps hundreds of local officials? Secretaries of State in disputed territories? Election judges? National security personnel? Who got all these folks together to skew the election in Biden’s favor?
And how did they manage to pull the wool over the eyes of everybody who was watching these elections, from local poll watchers right up to national security experts?

Retired ELCA pastor. Iowa born. Now in Minnesota. Twice-vaccinated.

Norman Teigen

• I intend to persuade no one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: November 14, 2020, 01:01:34 PM »
Joe Biden is the President-Elect of the United States.  Refusal of deniers to acknowledge this is dissemination of toxicity  in our democracy.  Deniers are breaking faith with American history, ideals, and ideas.   It is un-American and disloyal.
Norman Teigen

Voelker

« Reply #494 on: November 14, 2020, 01:04:45 PM »
The African election story is irrelevant.
Sharpen those reading skills, Norman. The language of my post was precise: an election, not this election. The article in question was also not specific to the African situation, but to elections in general, which means that this article's points could be applied to this year's election, but also to any other — which means that it really is relevant to this year's election, as a yes or no for each point can be made in regard to what has just transpired, with judgements made accordingly.

I am also truly amused that you and Charles keep saying shut up shut up shut up shut up when it comes to further discussion of the just-finished, still-not-completed US national election. Answer me this: Do you want possible fraud to stand? Do you want flaws in our system to be left unfixed? If your answer is yes to these, then please explain why — please note that there are few, if any, good places such an answer could come from.

Also: what on earth does this sentence possibly mean?

But I will note when they refer to the statement of those who do if I the president.