Author Topic: Anonymity  (Read 377 times)

James S. Rustad

• ALPB Contribution Leader
  • μολὼν λαβέ
    • View Profile
Anonymity
« on: October 30, 2020, 08:19:15 AM »
Here is something I have ofttimes pondered as an aid to ALPB and its ministry.
Supposing that in order to be on the ALPB online forum, you had to subscribe to the journal and the newsletter, with the price raised to $35 per year?
The subscription price would also give one reading access to the ALPB online forum, but in order to post on the ALPB online forum, you would pay an additional $25 per year.
And, of course, no anonymity allowed.
 ;D ;D ;D

I think we need a more general ban on mentioning anonymity in all threads not specifically about anonymity -- as we had in the voter fraud thread.  Every time anonymity is mentioned the thread drifts to that subject.  I've started this thread so folks can discuss it if they really feel the need.  Please leave that discussion here instead of polluting other threads.

Charles Austin

• ALPB Contribution Leader
    • View Profile
    • Charles is Coloring
Re: Anonymity
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2020, 08:31:13 AM »
I have already - sort of - taken it out of that other place, where my serious suggestion on other matters will probably crash and burn anyway, due to . . . Well, never mind.
Retired ELCA pastor. Iowa born. Now in Minnesota. Twice-vaccinated.

James J Eivan

Re: Anonymity
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2020, 05:28:19 PM »
Here is something I have ofttimes pondered as an aid to ALPB and its ministry.
Supposing that in order to be on the ALPB online forum, you had to subscribe to the journal and the newsletter, with the price raised to $35 per year?
The subscription price would also give one reading access to the ALPB online forum, but in order to post on the ALPB online forum, you would pay an additional $25 per year.
And, of course, no anonymity allowed.
 ;D ;D ;D
I think we need a more general ban on mentioning anonymity in all threads not specifically about anonymity -- as we had in the voter fraud thread.  Every time anonymity is mentioned the thread drifts to that subject.  I've started this thread so folks can discuss it if they really feel the need.  Please leave that discussion here instead of polluting other threads.
Thank you Mr Rustad for taking this step to thwart thread drift.  Drawing on the body of forum knowledge Anonymity in 2016 and  A Gentle Request Concerning Anonymity... earlier this year.

Some discussion on Anonymity also occurred here.

Enjoy a romp through the past!😎