Author Topic: Discussion of the October 22 Debate  (Read 782 times)

Richard Johnson

• ALPB Administrator
  • ALPB Contribution Leader
  • Create in me a clean heart, O God.
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion of the October 22 Debate
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2020, 04:41:10 PM »
It was the standard presidents schedule report. Journalists get that every single day. “Julio” seems to be attracted to it as if it were a shiny object.

I was especially impressed with the information about arriving and departing at the airport.
The Rev. Richard O. Johnson, STS

DeHall1

• ALPB Forum Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2020, 04:54:51 PM »
It was the standard presidents schedule report. Journalists get that every single day. “Julio” seems to be attracted to it as if it were a shiny object.
....So much for "I'll not be tricked into the shenanigans perpetrated on the forum by anonymous posters."

peter_speckhard

• ALPB Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2020, 05:08:24 PM »
....So much for "I'll not be tricked into the shenanigans perpetrated on the forum by anonymous posters."
Every thread is a shiny object to Charles. His promises to leave and declarations that he won’t be posting are the vain promises of an addict.

Charles Austin

• View Profile
    • Charles is Coloring
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2020, 06:35:35 PM »
That’s two unfair insults for you today, Peter. Or are you trying to set a tone, hoping that I would respond?
Richard made a comment, and I responded to it.
But you and Certain others lead us down the wacky road again.
Notice how the real discussion on the debate is going on over in that other place?  ;)
Retired ELCA pastor. Iowa born. Now in Minnesota. Missing NY/NJ and trips to Europe. I despise Daylight Savings Time which serves no purpose, disrupts my quotidian body clock and (I am reliably told) severely troubles cows and other huggable farm animals.

peter_speckhard

• ALPB Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2020, 06:38:41 PM »
That’s two unfair insults for you today, Peter. Or are you trying to set a tone, hoping that I would respond?
Richard made a comment, and I responded to it.
But you and Certain others lead us down the wacky road again.
Notice how the real discussion on the debate is going on over in that other place?  ;)
This is what it is usually like in any thread you say you’re not going to post on. You say literally nothing relevant but in little barb battles with people. You’re a caricature of yourself lately.

Charles Austin

• View Profile
    • Charles is Coloring
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2020, 06:49:08 PM »
Ten of my last 15 postings were substantive comments on the issue at hand. Five were bagatelle distractions, inspired by similar postingS of others. You got something better to do than fire shots  at this humble correspondent?
Retired ELCA pastor. Iowa born. Now in Minnesota. Missing NY/NJ and trips to Europe. I despise Daylight Savings Time which serves no purpose, disrupts my quotidian body clock and (I am reliably told) severely troubles cows and other huggable farm animals.

peter_speckhard

• ALPB Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2020, 07:28:10 PM »
Your first post in this thread was a declaration you wouldn’t be posting here. You have posted five more times without saying anything on topic. When I get tired of it, you will be gone.

Julio

• ALPB Forum Regular
  • Still awaiting the Certified Election Results!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2020, 07:40:50 PM »
Interesting... Public calendar of the President shows his movements in and around Nashville for tonight’s debate here.
What on earth did you find interesting about it?
While it would be rather awkward for Reverend Speckhard to ask how your above comment added to the discussion, it needs to be asked.

But since you asked, the link was sharing information with other forum members .. if you have no interest, why your condescending attitude?

Keith Falk

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2020, 08:55:23 PM »
Interesting... Public calendar of the President shows his movements in and around Nashville for tonight’s debate here.
While it would be rather awkward for Reverend Speckhard to ask how your above comment added to the discussion, it needs to be asked.

But since you asked, the link was sharing information with other forum members .. if you have no interest, why your condescending attitude?

Perhaps it would've been better to have taken the question at face value.  I looked at the link you provided, read through the schedule, and could not for the life of me figure out what was interesting about it. IOW - I had the same question.  I am genuinely curious - what was interesting about that schedule?
Rev. Keith Falk, STS

peter_speckhard

• ALPB Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2020, 09:23:27 PM »

Perhaps it would've been better to have taken the question at face value.  I looked at the link you provided, read through the schedule, and could not for the life of me figure out what was interesting about it. IOW - I had the same question.  I am genuinely curious - what was interesting about that schedule?
Excellent question. Much better than assuming the answer and making some jab about the one who posted it.

Julio

• ALPB Forum Regular
  • Still awaiting the Certified Election Results!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2020, 10:04:01 PM »

Excellent question. Much better than assuming the answer and making some jab about the one who posted it.
Rev Falk ... follow Rev Johnson snipping posts having absolutely nothing to do with topics I have addressed ... does he snipe at others the way he snipes at me?

His response above had NOTHING to do with the thread topic ... and everything to do with personal attack ... and deliberately so.

Rev Speckhard encourages posts that have to do with the thread ... now apparently fails to note Rev Johnson’s condescending and sniping posts in response to mine.

Rev Johnson’s ‘What on earth’ rhetoric is used no where else ... continuing his condescending attitude toward me.

Rev Falk .... you politely inquired about the link ... I gladly reply. The link provides the President’s Public Schedule as it clearly states ... Of late, much of his time is spent campaigning .., but this schedule provides information on public meetings with heads of state etc. when they occur. 

Rev Austin ought to know that the President’s Public Schedule is .. but as longtime forum members know .. his condescending attitude towards those with whom he disagrees with precedes him ... so he piles on to Rev Johnson’s condescending inquiry.

Regrettably, forum dialogue and decorum is not what it should be. Prayerfully, this exchange will be a step in the right direction. Thanks for your inquiry.