Author Topic: The Rev. Dr. Cathi Braasch, STS. In Memoriam  (Read 1229 times)

Coach-Rev

• ALPB Contribution Leader
  • Rev. Jeff Cottingham, STS
    • View Profile
    • Trinity Lutheran Church
The Rev. Dr. Cathi Braasch, STS. In Memoriam
« on: September 10, 2020, 10:18:36 AM »
It is with a heavy heart that we learned of the death of the Rev. Dr. Cathi Braasch, STS, early this morning.

Pastor Cathi, a former member here, was a mentor to many, and a beacon of strength when she lost her husband, her only child, and a brother, all within 6 months' time a couple of years back.  She, in turn, battled the same cancer that took their daughter's life, and when it came back with a vengeance last month, was unable to fight against it.

She was a mentor to many, an orthodox Lutheran pastor, and would be the first one to say of herself "I am only an unworthy servant, who is only doing what I am told to do."

Rest eternal, grant her Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon her.
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln

blog:  http://coach-rev.blogspot.com/
photography:  https://jeffcottingham.smugmug.com/

mariemeyer

• View Profile
Re: The Rev. Dr. Cathi Braasch, STS. In Memoriam
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2020, 11:06:02 AM »
It is with a heavy heart that we learned of the death of the Rev. Dr. Cathi Braasch, STS, early this morning.

Pastor Cathi, a former member here, was a mentor to many, and a beacon of strength when she lost her husband, her only child, and a brother, all within 6 months' time a couple of years back.  She, in turn, battled the same cancer that took their daughter's life, and when it came back with a vengeance last month, was unable to fight against it.

She was a mentor to many, an orthodox Lutheran pastor, and would be the first one to say of herself "I am only an unworthy servant, who is only doing what I am told to do."

Rest eternal, grant her Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon her.

Although I never met Pastor Braasch, I thank God for her witness to our risen Lord.

Marie Meyer

Weedon

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2020, 11:07:42 AM »
May her memory be eternal and may the Lord comfort all who grieve her passing.

J. Thomas Shelley

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2020, 11:16:18 AM »
With the Saints give rest, O Christ,
to the soul of Your servant
where there is no pain, nor sorrow, nor suffering,
but life everlasting.

May her Memory be Eternal!
Eonia imnimi!
Leeyakun thikruha muabadan!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 11:18:51 AM by J. Thomas Shelley »
Greek Orthodox Deacon -Ecumenical Patriarchate
Ordained to the Holy Diaconate Mary of Egypt Sunday A.D. 2022

Baptized, Confirmed, and Ordained United Methodist.
Served as a Lutheran Pastor October 31, 1989 - October 31, 2014.
Charter member of the first chapter of the Society of the Holy Trinity.

Rev. Spaceman

• ALPB Forum Regular
  • Day by day, your mercies, Lord, attend me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2020, 09:37:31 PM »
Cathi was a great friend and mentor to many. She provided my family and me with much encouragement. She will be greatly missed, but we give thanks for resurrection hope.
Rev. Thomas E. Jacobson, Ph.D

Pastor Ken Kimball

• ALPB Forum Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2020, 11:57:34 PM »
A good friend for me for 25 years, both as a lay leader and then as an ordained pastor.   Blessed to know her as a colleague in the ELCA and STS and then in the NALC.  A blessing to others wherever she served.  Last time I heard her voice was online for the 2020 NALC Convocation when she moved the endorsement of NALC 2020 Vision plan.  Last email I had from her was that Sept 8 would work for her for a meeting of the Liaison Team for the Board of Regents/Executive Council.  Ended up that on Sept 8 she entered hospice care with the recurrence of her cancer.  A tearful week for me--and yet joy in her entering the Church Triumphant.  Rest eternal grant her O Lord and let light perpetual shine upon her.