Author Topic: Does the ELCA have a Jewish Problem?  (Read 1637 times)

Rob Morris

• ALPB Contribution Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Does the ELCA have a Jewish Problem?
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2020, 02:54:55 PM »
(and holy moly, what a job title! Her business card would have to be printed on tabloid stock just to fit. Or she could be the APBEEIRRTD for short?)...

Rafael Malpica-Padilla's preferred pronoun  is "he/his/him," far as I know.

Fair enough. But according to the article, the current APBEEIRRTD for the ELCA is Kathryn Mary Lohre. I assumed Kathryn prefers she, but that may not be correct.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 02:57:03 PM by Rob Morris »

Dan Fienen

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2020, 03:25:27 PM »
If the ELCA has a Jewish problem, no more than does the Democratic Partly have a Jewish problem to judge by the comments of some Democratic legislators. Although to be fair, on the one hand the ELCA officials were commenting specifically about Israel when they accused them of exacerbating American police violence while on the other the Democratic congresspersons were accusing American Jews of bribing legislators to favor Israel and later deploring all racism without specifically mentioning anti-Semitism or the specific congresspersons of their party or the specific anti-Semitic comments they made. I suppose that is as sensitive and effective as affirming "All lives matter" rather than "Black lives matter."
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 03:27:24 PM by Dan Fienen »
Pr. Daniel Fienen
LCMS

Richard Johnson

• ALPB Administrator
  • Create in me a clean heart, O God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2020, 11:17:26 PM »
(and holy moly, what a job title! Her business card would have to be printed on tabloid stock just to fit. Or she could be the APBEEIRRTD for short?)...

Rafael Malpica-Padilla's preferred pronoun  is "he/his/him," far as I know.

Fair enough. But according to the article, the current APBEEIRRTD for the ELCA is Kathryn Mary Lohre. I assumed Kathryn prefers she, but that may not be correct.

My mistake, sorry. I had only noted Malpica-Padilla as the culprit here, and didn't catch that it also spoke about Lohre.
The Rev. Richard O. Johnson, STS

Rob Morris

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2020, 12:18:37 AM »
No worries. From my end, no idea why my smart phone changes the font size sometimes, then when I try to fix it, I end up shouting at everyone. Ah, well.

Richard Johnson

• ALPB Administrator
  • Create in me a clean heart, O God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2020, 08:25:42 PM »
No worries. From my end, no idea why my smart phone changes the font size sometimes, then when I try to fix it, I end up shouting at everyone. Ah, well.

Hey, I'm scheduled for cataract surgery in a month. At the moment, visual shouting works just fine for me.  ;)
The Rev. Richard O. Johnson, STS