Author Topic: Break  (Read 1410 times)

peter_speckhard

• ALPB Administrator
  • ALPB Contribution Leader
    • View Profile
Break
« on: July 04, 2020, 09:07:29 PM »
Im leaving in the morning for Camp Luther in northern Wisconsin. Everything is going to be different due to COVId and were taking the foster kids, so well have nine of us in an RV. Wish us luck! Also, I may or may not be checking in here, leaning towards not. Everyone behave.

B Hughes

Re: Break
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2020, 09:38:20 PM »

Hopefully it will be a good rest. All manner of our plans evaporated well into the Fall!

Michael Slusser

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2020, 10:57:09 PM »
Safe travels, Peter.

And B Hughes: is that a yellow submarine on a trailer in your avatar? Old eyes want to know!

Peace,
Michael
Fr. Michael Slusser
Retired Roman Catholic priest and theologian

B Hughes

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2020, 06:08:02 AM »

Yes. The NALC mission we launched (see below) was, until the Covid shutdown, a street ministry in Baltimore with worship Sunday mornings in a strip club. One of my other distractions is a search and recovery LLC that uses a submarine:  www.tehom.net

Michael Slusser

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2020, 10:53:47 AM »

Yes. The NALC mission we launched (see below) was, until the Covid shutdown, a street ministry in Baltimore with worship Sunday mornings in a strip club. One of my other distractions is a search and recovery LLC that uses a submarine:  www.tehom.net
Very nice!
(And apparently not a hommage to the Beatles.)

Peace,
Michael
Fr. Michael Slusser

B Hughes

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2020, 11:00:17 AM »

Peace,
Michael

The Beatles?

Michael Slusser

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2020, 11:50:12 AM »
Fr. Michael Slusser

Matt Hummel

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2020, 12:04:30 PM »

Peace,
Michael

The Beatles?

Brian- You're not fooling anyone. Your are of an age where you would have heard it played on the local AM Top 40 station!
Matt Hummel

The chief purpose of life, for any of us, is to increase according to our capacity our knowledge of God by all means we have, and to be moved by it to praise and thanks.

― J.R.R. Tolkien

B Hughes

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2020, 12:17:51 PM »

I'm think I'm the only pastor on the planet who owns a personal submarine, yellow or otherwise.  :-)

J.L. Precup

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2020, 01:40:25 PM »
Im leaving in the morning for Camp Luther in northern Wisconsin. Everything is going to be different due to COVId and were taking the foster kids, so well have nine of us in an RV. Wish us luck! Also, I may or may not be checking in here, leaning towards not. Everyone behave.

Peter, I was a camp counselor at Camp Luther during the summer of 1964.  Half way up the road from the main buildings to the ball field, there is/was a natural bowl area for evening camp fires.  I'd like to know if that is still there, and what name it may have. You see, I put in the split log seats then and gave the place a name.
Keep watch, dear Lord, with those who work, or watch, or weep this night, and give your angels charge over those who sleep. Tend the sick, Lord Christ; give rest to the weary, bless the dying, soothe the suffering, pity the afflicted, shield the joyous; and all for your love's sake. Amen.

J.L. Precup

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2020, 01:45:24 PM »

I'm think I'm the only pastor on the planet who owns a personal submarine, yellow or otherwise.  :-)

I had six submarines when I was chaplain to Submarine Squadron Eleven in San Diego, but they didn't let me keep any of them!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90WTc-tk9Ek
Keep watch, dear Lord, with those who work, or watch, or weep this night, and give your angels charge over those who sleep. Tend the sick, Lord Christ; give rest to the weary, bless the dying, soothe the suffering, pity the afflicted, shield the joyous; and all for your love's sake. Amen.