Author Topic: LCMS Lutherans Marching and Quoting Black Liberation Theologist James Cone  (Read 1610 times)

James_Gale

• ALPB Contribution Leader
    • View Profile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip3nV6S_fYU&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR1USr0oF1FSXcAvKbObTHW8qXwK7RORg6wxJdKkZVOcsaBZ-PCM3PJ3IgE

This link was shared by a college classmate.  Thought the content relevant to the discussion.  About an hour, worth it.

That's incredibly powerful and helpful.

passerby

• ALPB Forum Regular
    • View Profile

Another fan of our former mayor, Michael Bloomberg. Too bad he didn't enter the primaries earlier.   :)

Peace, JOHN
A tragically typical response ... attack and minimize the poster ... rather than respond constructively to the material facts of the post while falsely judging the poster.

The fact of the matter is that I was rather surprised at the contents of the article given the author as I rarely agree with him.

Perhaps a more careful evaluation of the body of my posts would have revealed that as a pro life Lutheran, I have little in common with your former mayor.

Apparently Judge not lest year be judged carries little weight in some circles ... and conclusions are arrived at with little thought or care for facts ... or the truth.

Bloomberg was a subpar mayor. He micromanaged things, like restricting sugary drinks, taking over the city's schools, even getting involved in gun control issues out of state. I wonder about him as the head of contract tracing in New York. While I am no fan of either candidates, I thiink his presidency would have been a disaster.

D. Engebretson

• ALPB Contribution Leader
    • View Profile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip3nV6S_fYU&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR1USr0oF1FSXcAvKbObTHW8qXwK7RORg6wxJdKkZVOcsaBZ-PCM3PJ3IgE

This link was shared by a college classmate.  Thought the content relevant to the discussion.  About an hour, worth it.

I agree, this is a powerful and challenging presentation.  I thought his remarks about Jonathan Edwards, toward the end, were very insightful.  People are scrambling to distance themselves from this Christian leader ("un-naming things that were named because of him" at certain schools) because he owned slaves. Racism is now considered the "unpardonable sin."  MLK, a "serial adulterer who denied tenets of the Christians faith" gets a pass, but not Edwards, because "racism is the new unpardonable sin."  I think he uncovers some real issues with the current discussion out there regarding race.  We are shutting down meaningful discussion by labeling some as "racist" and guilty of "white privilege."  And as Dr. Baucham shows, there are also issues of faith involved here as well.
Pastor Don Engebretson
St. Peter Lutheran Church of Polar (Antigo) WI

James J Eivan

Another fan of our former mayor, Michael Bloomberg. Too bad he didn't enter the primaries earlier.   :)

Peace, JOHN
A tragically typical response ... attack and minimize the poster ... rather than respond constructively to the material facts of the post while falsely judging the poster.

The fact of the matter is that I was rather surprised at the contents of the article given the author as I rarely agree with him.

Perhaps a more careful evaluation of the body of my posts would have revealed that as a pro life Lutheran, I have little in common with your former mayor.

Apparently Judge not lest year be judged carries little weight in some circles ... and conclusions are arrived at with little thought or care for facts ... or the truth.
Bloomberg was a subpar mayor. He micromanaged things, like restricting sugary drinks, taking over the city's schools, even getting involved in gun control issues out of state. I wonder about him as the head of contract tracing in New York. While I am no fan of either candidates, I thiink his presidency would have been a disaster.
Thank you for your thoughts on Bloomberg.  Not a NYC area resident, national media exposure was all the information available ... It was encouraging that he was a vehicle to add factual information to conversation that the mainline press fails to report.