Author Topic: Rev. Craig Breimhorst, R.I.P.  (Read 495 times)

Michael Slusser

• ALPB Contribution Leader
    • View Profile
Rev. Craig Breimhorst, R.I.P.
« on: April 25, 2020, 01:24:11 PM »
As I have mentioned twice on this Forum already, Pastor Craig Breimhorst fell ill and eventually died of the coronavirus. His obituary is now available https://www.boldtfuneralhome.com/obituaries/Craig-Raymond-Breimhorst?obId=12707510#/obituaryInfo

The obituary includes a summary of his ministerial work:
"While he was in college at Mankato, Craig was active in Campus Lutheran Chapel and also began working at Grace Lutheran Church with youth, a love that he never lost throughout his life. After graduating in 1972, he continued at the church until he went on to Luther-Northwestern Seminary in St. Paul. He graduated in 1979 and began serving at First Lutheran Church in Worthington.

"In 1985 Craig, Carol and family moved to Faribault where Craig went door-to-door to invite people to the new church he was starting, Christ Lutheran Church. For thirty years he poured himself into the congregation and the community, serving not just as pastor, but also hospice chaplain, police/fire chaplain, Via de Christo and prison ministry rector, ministerial association and community leader. After he retired in 2016, he did not stop preaching or serving, but helped congregations on a part-time basis at Our Saviors Lutheran in Faribault, Saint Paul Lutheran in Pine Island and Trinity in West Concord. He also found the time to lead and go on trips with Carol, including a recent trip to the Holy Land. He was especially passionate about the church and people of Tanzania, visiting several times and teaching for three months at the seminary in Kiomboi."

May his family and friends be comforted by our Lord.

Peace,
Michael
Fr. Michael Slusser
Retired Roman Catholic priest and theologian

Dave Benke

• View Profile
    • Atlantic District, LCMS
Re: Rev. Craig Breimhorst, R.I.P.
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2020, 06:51:57 PM »
Thanks for this, Michael.  We will remember his family at St. Peter's tomorrow morning in prayers for the comfort of the Risen Christ.

Dave Benke

Pastor Ken Kimball

• ALPB Forum Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2020, 10:36:09 PM »
Thank you Father Michael.  Though we only met once in person--2009 in the Twin Cities, cigars and drinks courtesy of another ALPB online person who no longer posts here--I have always appreciated your contributions here on line and your deep and broad sense of the church catholic, including the respect you have paid here for Rev. Breimhorst. 
Ken

Michael Slusser

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2020, 10:43:40 PM »
Craig and I met only once, to my knowledge. It was a day of recollection for the Faribault ministerium. I know others of that group, however, so my appreciation of his Christian and pastoral qualities has been reinforced through them.

He is also the first pastor I know who died of CoVID19.
Thank you, Ken, for your kind words.

Peace,
Michael
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 10:49:04 PM by Michael Slusser »
Fr. Michael Slusser
Retired Roman Catholic priest and theologian