Author Topic: German Catholic bishops proclaim homosexuality ‘normal,’ adultery ‘not grave’  (Read 3425 times)

Dan Fienen

• ALPB Contribution Leader
    • View Profile
Again with assigning the most nefarious and negative motives to people, Charles?  Angry? 

As to why I "give a rat's rump,"  (you should really use a more realistic euphemism, BTW)  it's because I take Scripture at it's Word, as THE Word OF God.

I take seriously anytime I, or any other for that matter, might be the subject of such passages as this:  "Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them."

So you have concluded the those of us in the ELCA who support the decisions of 2009 “deserve death.”
That about settles it, I guess.
Maybe you should’'ve stayed among us in order to have better access to those you were trying to “save.”

Perhaps Charles you did not recognize that Coach-Rev was quoting Paul, Romans 1:32.

Romans 1:26-32 (ESV)
26 For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature;
27 and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.
28 And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done.
29 They were filled with all manner of unrighteousness, evil, covetousness, malice. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, maliciousness. They are gossips,
30 slanderers, haters of God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents,
31 foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless.
32 Though they know God’s righteous decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them. If you do not think that Romans 1 applies to you, why do you give a rat's rump what others say?
Pr. Daniel Fienen
LCMS

Richard Johnson

• ALPB Administrator
  • Create in me a clean heart, O God.
    • View Profile
We Some of us in the ELCA approve of same sex marriage.
The Rev. Richard O. Johnson, STS

peter_speckhard

• ALPB Administrator
    • View Profile
Still no answer to my question. Are we who support gay marriage and believe it godly, in your opinion,  those who “deserve death”?
Are you suggesting you don't?

Brian Stoffregen

• ἐγὼ δὲ λέγω ὑμῖν, ἀγαπᾶτε τοὺς ἐχθροὺς ὑμῶν
    • View Profile
Still no answer to my question. Are we who support gay marriage and believe it godly, in your opinion,  those who “deserve death”?
Are you suggesting you don't?

I'm sure he does, but that doesn't prohibit him from being an ordained pastor in the ELCA.
"The church … had made us like ill-taught piano students; we play our songs, but we never really hear them, because our main concern is not to make music, but but to avoid some flub that will get us in dutch." [Robert Capon, _Between Noon and Three_, p. 148]