Author Topic: Sunday - Morning Session - Administrative Stuff  (Read 4590 times)

ghp

• ALPB Forum Member
    • View Profile
Re: Sunday - Morning Session - Administrative Stuff
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2019, 08:14:33 PM »
Please don’t take offense, but the copy editor in me is compelled to point out that when referring to a line of people, the word is  “queue.”
 Someone here is almost certain to attempt to show that I am at least partially wrong, but I gotta say it anyway.

Thanks. Corrected.
Really nice to see that the grammar monitor one won!  :o
(and it's nice to see that the quote functionality is as easy to use properly for clarity & reader understanding as I recall it being...)

--
Glen Piper
LCMS Layman (Zion - Tomball, TX)
Conroe, TX

Kevin Vogts

• ALPB Forum Regular
    • View Profile
Re: Sunday - Morning Session - Administrative Stuff
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2019, 12:19:04 AM »
endorsing John Wholrabe, who is not a “Missouri Moderate” by anyone’s definition

The week prior to the 2010 convention I had a long chat with a prominent "Jesus First" leader.  We both served on a board that met in Houston that week and were quite friendly though with different perspectives on some issues.  He was very enthusiastic about the proposed restructuring, including the new process for the president to compose the slate for first vice-president.  I recall warning "be careful what you wish for" because someday a president with a different outlook might be elected.  He was quite open about it and said that wasn't an issue, because if the restructuring proposal, which was up before that year's presidential election, were to pass, that meant it virtually certain that the incumbent that year would be elected.  Then it would be him using this provision to propose like-minded men.  Everything hinged on the confident presumption that there's no way the convention would pass the incumbent's signature proposal for major restructuring and then not re-elect him to implement it — but of course that's exactly what happened.  So here we are a decade later with the successor organization to Jesus First making this rather surprising endorsement!  Be careful what you wish for indeed.
Rev. Kevin Vogts, Pastor
Trinity Lutheran Church
Paola, Kansas
www.trinitylcms.org