Author Topic: Question 3. LCMS/ELCA relationship  (Read 6267 times)

ptmccain

Re: Question 3. LCMS/ELCA relationship
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2007, 03:40:50 PM »
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 05:19:34 PM by ptmccain »

Charles_Austin

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2007, 04:44:22 PM »
And I am willing to provide some links and references to some fine books on the Reformation and books on scripture study published by Augsburg-Fortress.
But just google Augsburg-Fortress, go to their website and you will find a host of excellent materials explaining the Lutheran position on quite a number of things.

LCMS87

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2007, 12:51:21 PM »
My copy of Krauth's The Conservative Reformation and Its Theology was published by Augsburg Publishing House of Minneapolis in 1978.  It indicates that that "Reprint Edition" was published by permission of Fortress Press, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. 

That makes it sound as if all three historic Lutheran publishing concerns in America see (or at least have seen) it as a truly worthy volume.  What a wonderful thing that this classic resouce it is available to a new generation.  Thanks CPH for doing today what both Augsburg and Fortress have done in the past.       

John_Hannah

• ALPB Contribution Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2007, 01:53:38 PM »
Yes, The Conservative Reformation and its Theology has been re-released by CPH with a great introduction by Dr. Larry Rast.  I am half way through this beautiful book and I have a hard time putting it down. 

.... And if Walther had teamed up with Krauth we might have an effective American Lutheran Church today.  Peace, JOHN HANNAH, STS
Pr. JOHN HANNAH, STS