Author Topic: A Concern for "Morality" in our Land, or not?  (Read 93578 times)

Coach-Rev

• ALPB Forum Regular
  • Rev. Jeff Cottingham, STS
    • View Profile
    • Trinity Lutheran Church
Re: A Concern for "Morality" in our Land, or not?
« Reply #2205 on: February 15, 2019, 10:47:54 AM »
admonishing us all that you do not call people names, or by calling it "gentle poking" does not change what it is:  bullying and name calling. 

We used to have an old saying in geology, regarding the push for using latin and greek terminology over more commonly used names:  "A spade does not become sharper by calling it a geotome."  In other words, you can call your name-calling what you want.  You are still a bully, a cyberstalker, and a troll.

But I guess I'm too dense or obtuse (maybe even a lunatic) to grasp how you could NOT be these things.  ::)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 04:50:17 PM by Coach-Rev »
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln

blog:  http://coach-rev.blogspot.com/
photography:  https://jeffcottingham.smugmug.com/

Charles Austin

• ALPB Contribution Leader
    • View Profile
    • Charles is Coloring
« Reply #2206 on: February 19, 2019, 09:40:37 AM »
Absolutely none of what I read about this made-up “TDS” describes why I oppose Trump or how I feel. Absolutely none of it.
But of course it is easy for small-minded people here to throw that TDS at me, and use it to dismiss what I say or refuse to listen to my concerns.
Retired ELCA pastor. Iowa born. Now in Minnesota. Twice-vaccinated.

Dan Fienen

• View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: February 19, 2019, 10:33:35 AM »
Absolutely none of what I read about this made-up “TDS” describes why I oppose Trump or how I feel. Absolutely none of it.
But of course it is easy for small-minded people here to throw that TDS at me, and use it to dismiss what I say or refuse to listen to my concerns.
It may well be accurate that your opposition to Trump does not fit TDS.  But that does not mean that TDS is not real, or that some of the opposition to Trump doesn’t cross over into the irrational.  The article referenced by gan ainm about TDS was not about you specifically.  It’s not all about you.  Neither is everybody that opposes Trump as knowledgeable, intelligent, suave or witty as you are.

Witness the latest Trump inspired (directed?) atrocity, the racist, homophobic attack on Jussie Smollett by MAGA wearing goons.  Except the story is falling apart.  Too early to say definitely what happened either way, but there definitely was a rush to judgement against Trump.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 12:01:25 PM by Dan Fienen »
Pr. Daniel Fienen
LCMS

peter_speckhard

• ALPB Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: February 19, 2019, 12:43:50 PM »
I'd say this thread has ceased serving any edifying function.