Author Topic: I don't understand? Concordia Portland asked to be independent?  (Read 9562 times)

Dave Likeness

• ALPB Contribution Leader
    • View Profile
Re: I don't understand? Concordia Portland asked to be independent?
« Reply #165 on: June 15, 2017, 10:37:41 PM »
The Michigan Wolverines have no realistic hope of winning the Big Ten Football title
as long as Coach Urban Meyer remains at Ohio State.  Coach Jim Harbaugh is a good
interim coach for the Wolverines until some else comes along.   Chaplain Yak knows
that and expressed that opinion during the interview during a conference call with
President Patrick Ferry.

James_Gale

• ALPB Contribution Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 15, 2017, 11:19:08 PM »
The Michigan Wolverines have no realistic hope of winning the Big Ten Football title
as long as Coach Urban Meyer remains at Ohio State.  Coach Jim Harbaugh is a good
interim coach for the Wolverines until some else comes along.   Chaplain Yak knows
that and expressed that opinion during the interview during a conference call with
President Patrick Ferry.

Fake news! 

scott9

« Reply #167 on: June 16, 2017, 01:08:16 AM »
Our Doc Yak teaches there. Ask him.

As an update, I just received word that I am approved to be a (full) Professor of Theology at Concordia University in Ann Arbor. We will be moving there in July.  We will miss the students, faculty, and staff at CU-Portland but very much look forward to serving at CU-Ann Arbor.

First, congratulations!

Second, and much more importantly, any truth to the rumor (which I am starting here) that the teaching position is secondary to a new position (Lutheran chaplain, perhaps?) with the Michigan football team?

I can neither confirm nor deny such a rumor.

But I did just buy a week's worth of khakis...