Author Topic: Illinois Lutheran Child and Family Services  (Read 411 times)

mariemeyer

• ALPB Contribution Leader
    • View Profile
Illinois Lutheran Child and Family Services
« on: May 16, 2017, 05:47:09 PM »
Iíll include a link with more information. Iím very proud of this agency for its determination to fulfill its mission in the midst of hard economic times in Illinois.

Yesterday LCFS of Illinois announced a major cut back of their services. A daughter is on the staff as an adoption social worker.  Her office in River Forest is closing, but she is among those who will keep their position.  The location of her office remains uncertain.

When I was a deaconess student in the late fifties several of my classmates did their internship at the Addison Children's Home. Over the years deaconesses were called there after their consecration.  Sad that the Addison office is one of those being closed. A brother of Sam Nafzger was an LCFS social worker when our daughter first worked with children in foster care.

https://www.lcfs.org/news_post/news_postnews_postlutheran-child-and-family-services-of-illinois-announces-restructuring-plan/

Marie Meyer

Lutheran Child and Family Services of IL

Dave Benke

• View Profile
    • Atlantic District, LCMS
Re: Illinois Lutheran Child and Family Services
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 06:34:25 PM »
Iíll include a link with more information. Iím very proud of this agency for its determination to fulfill its mission in the midst of hard economic times in Illinois.

Yesterday LCFS of Illinois announced a major cut back of their services. A daughter is on the staff as an adoption social worker.  Her office in River Forest is closing, but she is among those who will keep their position.  The location of her office remains uncertain.

When I was a deaconess student in the late fifties several of my classmates did their internship at the Addison Children's Home. Over the years deaconesses were called there after their consecration.  Sad that the Addison office is one of those being closed. A brother of Sam Nafzger was an LCFS social worker when our daughter first worked with children in foster care.

https://www.lcfs.org/news_post/news_postnews_postlutheran-child-and-family-services-of-illinois-announces-restructuring-plan/

Marie Meyer

Lutheran Child and Family Services of IL

Is this where Gene Svebakken was the CEO?  The Chicago Uptown Ministry, mentioned as one of the ones closing, has been in existence from way back when.  Wonder if as in so many situations in urban areas, the forces of gentrification have moved in.

Dave Benke

mariemeyer

• View Profile
Re: Illinois Lutheran Child and Family Services
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 06:57:33 PM »
Gene Svabakken retried a few months ago.  Our daughter held him in high regard.

Marie