Author Topic: PLTS Rector Search in Final Stages  (Read 1382 times)

Dan Fienen

• ALPB Contribution Leader
    • View Profile
Re: PLTS Rector Search in Final Stages
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2017, 05:12:29 PM »
I know very little about PLTS and much less about the various candidates.  But as of late church politics have tended to imitate national politics, so can all those who are stakeholders in PLTS pray that this selection of leader not follow in the mold of the recent national election and the man chosen be at least given a chance to show what he can and wants to do before driving in those stakes?
Pr. Daniel Fienen
LCMS

Brian Stoffregen

• ἐγὼ δὲ λέγω ὑμῖν, ἀγαπᾶτε τοὺς ἐχθροὺς ὑμῶν
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2017, 06:22:49 PM »
I had heard Dr. Pickett speak a number of years ago when he was at the seminary of the Southwest. I enjoyed him and his presentation. (I don't always say that about NT professors.) He is a good choice.

The only connection I have with PLTS is that I have been there perhaps a half a dozen times for meetings.
"The church had made us like ill-taught piano students; we play our songs, but we never really hear them, because our main concern is not to make music, but but to avoid some flub that will get us in dutch." [Robert Capon, _Between Noon and Three_, p. 148]

Steven Tibbetts

• Big tents are for circuses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2017, 07:25:36 PM »

It is a press release... from an ELCA seminary... located in Berkeley, CA; not really sure we could expect anything less (more?).

Actually, it's a letter from the President of an ELCA-affiliated university in Thousand Oaks.

Paz y bien, Esteban+
My second favorite t-shirt saying reads: And then Buffy staked Edward.  The End.
The Rev. Steven Paul Tibbetts, STS
Pastor Zip's Blog