Author Topic: Reformation 500 Tour (Oct 24-Nov 6, 2017)  (Read 472 times)

Mbecker

• ALPB Contribution Leader
    • View Profile
Reformation 500 Tour (Oct 24-Nov 6, 2017)
« on: March 09, 2017, 12:32:31 PM »
I'm pleased to report that more than 100 pilgrims have registered to participate in the Reformation 500 trip that I will be leading in Germany between Oct 24 and Nov 6, 2017. You might recall that tour participants will be in Wittenberg on Oct 31 and will be attending the special service in the Castle Church that day (which will include music by Valpo University's chorale). We will also hear the chorale again when we worship at the St. Thomas Church in Leipzig on All Saints Sunday.

I'm still hoping to entice an additional apostolic number of people to join this special tour. Would you mind publicizing the trip in your congregation's newsletter or Sunday bulletin? Feel free to download the brochure (see the link below).

While many Valpo alumni have registered to go, the tour is not limited to them. It is open to anyone who wants to experience places connected with Dr. Luther (and J. S. Bach) in the context of the 500th Anniversary of the start of the Protestant Reformation. Feel free to forward this message to friends and family. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at my Valpo email address.

Here's the link: http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/rf17-55514-becker#eotours

Thanks!
Matt Becker

Charles Austin

• View Profile
    • Charles is Coloring
Re: Reformation 500 Tour (Oct 24-Nov 6, 2017)
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 12:47:35 PM »
Let me check a couple of things, Dr. Becker; and perhaps I'll sign on.
Retired ELCA Pastor: We are not a very inter-Lutheran forum. Posters with more than 1,500 posts: ELCA-6, with 3 of those inactive/rare and 1 moderator; LCMS-25, with 4 inactive/rare and 1 moderator. Non-Lutherans, 3; maybe 4 from other Lutheran bodies. 3 formerly frequent posters have gone quiet.

Mbecker

• View Profile
Re: Reformation 500 Tour (Oct 24-Nov 6, 2017)
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 01:23:28 PM »
Let me check a couple of things, Dr. Becker; and perhaps I'll sign on.

Maybe you could cover the tour as a journalist and thus have your way paid by a newspaper or magazine.... In any case, I'd love to have you join us!

MB