Author Topic: #10 Stewardship  (Read 836 times)

prsauer

• ALPB Contribution Leader
    • View Profile
#10 Stewardship
« on: July 13, 2016, 12:36:40 PM »
Delegate calls for the bundling of 10-01 through 10-06 since they "were going to be near unanimous votes anyway except for the 10 guys who can't figure out how to work their voting devices."

I believe this is what we are going to do but before we do... Harrison dons a cheesehead to welcome the Floor Committee chair who represents the Green Bay portion of Wisconsin.

LCEF President presents Resolution 10-01 and shares how will the LCEF is doing.

10-01 Asks nothing but to commend LCEF
Yes vote taken - apparently we are not bundling these.

prsauer

• ALPB Contribution Leader
    • View Profile
Re: #10 Stewardship
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 12:46:44 PM »
10-02 Commend the start up of Lutheran Federal Credit Union
10-03 Encourage Voluntary giving
10-04 encourage Stewardship in daily vocations
10-05 Encourage greater use of LCMS stewardship resources
10-06 Promote the use of Synod Stewardship Services

Keep it simple - all pass with voice votes.

All pass and we go back to floor committee 6

Mark_Hofman

• ALPB Forum Regular
    • View Profile
Re: #10 Stewardship
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 01:41:11 PM »
I believe 10-05 was an encouragment for the people in Synod to make use of the resources put out by LCMS Communications, which is broader than stewardship.

10-06 was specific to the use of resources put out by National Mission's Stewardship team. I wholeheartedly endorse.  Those two guys really "get it".

Resolution 10-05 is very critical given approval of the FC9 Resolution on improving accountabilty and transparency.  We can produce all the transparent and accountabiltiy information anyone wants, and great biblical stewardship resources, but if people don't see value in delivery mechanisms (a good plateful of which are managed out of LCMS Communications), what good does it do? 

For example, in the wake of the appeal for disaster relief gifts following this past Christmas' flooding and storms in Missouri, Illinois and Texas, we generated an accountability report showing what LCMS Disaster Response had on-hand when the flooding hit, what was given in response to the appeals, what those appeals cost, where the net revenue went, and where the new available balance stood as of the date of the report (Ref. www.lcms.org/disaster). That's where the report is, downloadable as a PDF. 

But if folks who want that kind of reporting don't see LCMS Communications (they manage the website) as the delivery mechanism, transparency and accountability is sort of moot. Those talented, energetic disciples of Jesus work hard to put out high-quality, meaningful resources for the church.  Encourage people to make use of them, and provide feedback on their effectiveness at answering questions.

I love seeing how a number of these resolutions are mutally-supportive of each other in this way.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 02:35:41 PM by Mark D Hofman »