Author Topic: Church of Norway will create a liturgy for same-sex couples.  (Read 354 times)

mj4

Church of Norway will create a liturgy for same-sex couples.
« on: April 13, 2016, 11:38:24 AM »
Here's the story: https://kirken.no/nb-NO/church-of-norway/.

I found particularly interesting a sentence that reminds me of the ELCA decisions of 2009,

"This decision ends a history of conflict between supporters and opponents of Church wedding for same-sex couples."

So it's really a global phenomena that once a church reaches a certain tipping point and the advocates of change pass their innovation, the matter is settled. No more conflict.

Dan Fienen

• ALPB Contribution Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Church of Norway will create a liturgy for same-sex couples.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 01:04:21 PM »
Are we reaching the stage in Norway, the ELCA and other churches where those who refuse to endorse same-sex marriage endure in those churches only by tolerance?  That is they are permitted to remain not by right but because those who now control the church and support same-sex marriage allow them to remain only on sufferance?  A tolerance that can at any time be revoked.  "Come, stay, we want you here so long as you support what we want to do and don't cause trouble or become too much of an annoyance."
Pr. Daniel Fienen
LCMS

pastorg1@aol.com

• ALPB Contribution Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Church of Norway will create a liturgy for same-sex couples.
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 01:38:09 PM »
I think you are right. Used to be that way with some in the closet but folks were polite, welcoming and
a bit embarrassed. Usually no hostility. Now things have switched around.
Pete Garrison, STS