Author Topic: Prof. Richard Muller  (Read 365 times)

Steven W Bohler

• ALPB Contribution Leader
    • View Profile
Prof. Richard Muller
« on: April 12, 2016, 10:48:52 AM »
From an email from Concordia Theological Seminary (Fort Wayne):

Prof. Richard Muller—1928–2016

April 12, 2016
Dear Friends,

It has pleased our Heavenly Father to call Home his faithful servant, Richard Muller.

Richard came to CTSFW in 1978, serving as Director of Financial Aid and Assistant Registrar. He also served as Associate Academic Dean and Associate Professor of Systematic Theology.

He is survived by his son and daughter-in-law, Peter and Deborah, four grandchildren and one great-grandchild. His dear wife, Kay, preceded him in death in 2010.

Calling will be at Hockemeyer & Miller Funeral Home, 6131 St. Joe Road, on Thursday, April 14, from 6:00-8:00 p.m.The funeral will be at Ascension Lutheran Church, 8811 St. Joe Road, on Friday, April 15, at 10:00 a.m., with calling at the church at 9:00 a.m.His obituary is available here, www.legacy.com/obituaries/fortwayne/obituary.aspx?n=richard-ernest-muller&pid=179588479&fhid=11137.

“Death is swallowed up in victory.”
“O death, where is your victory? 
O death, where is your sting?”
The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.-1 Corinthians 15:55-57

With you, in Christ's service,
President Rast

Steven W Bohler

• ALPB Contribution Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Prof. Richard Muller
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 10:52:47 AM »
I had Prof. Muller for a couple of classes at the seminary.  My memory of him was of a man full of energy and enthusiasm (in a good way).  And the diagrams!  Flow charts and boxes.  I recall, after one of the class sessions, the students jokingly asking each other: "Are you in the box?" (meaning salvation, as he had diagrammed it).  Oh, and his teaching adult Bible class at Ascension Lutheran Church, where he had membership.  Good stuff.