Author Topic: Reformation 2017 It's Still About Jesus  (Read 455 times)

Eileen Smith

• ALPB Contribution Leader
    • View Profile
Reformation 2017 It's Still About Jesus
« on: October 13, 2015, 08:08:23 AM »
http://remarksurvey.lcms.org/cgi-bin/rws5.pl?FORM=preachtheword&UID=ffffffff0f6daf58

I received an interesting survey this morning from a former Walther Leaguer friend.  According to the cover letter from his pastor, the LCMS is carrying out a survey  -- the pastor says it best in his letter.

I thought it interesting and actually appreciate the effort to connect with the thoughts of those in the pew.  May I ask your thoughts.

From the pastor:

I am writing to encourage you to participate in a special program that will lift up and celebrate preaching in Lutheran churches across the country. All you have to do to help is answer a few simple questions about sermons on a short online survey. The goal is to hear from everyone, whether you have been a churchgoer all your life, or whether you just started coming this week.

I highly encourage you to serve ministry leaders and Lutheran pastors across the country who have the desire to see preaching in our churches become even better. Simply click this link when you are ready to begin: www.lcms.org/survey/PreachTheWord

Your responses will be completely anonymous. No one will know your name. Nothing you say will reflect back on you or this congregation or even me as your pastor. It is all completely anonymous.

Thank you for submitting your thoughtful responses by October 16th.

Charles Austin

• ALPB Contribution Leader
    • View Profile
    • Charles is Coloring
Re: Reformation 2017 It's Still About Jesus
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 09:30:22 AM »
A very interesting survey. I will be happy to see the results tabulated.
Retired ELCA pastor. Iowa born. Heading home from Sioux City after three days and a reunion of the East High School class of - can you believe it! - 1959.