Author Topic: Interview with Archbishop Akinola of Nigeria  (Read 1020 times)

ptmccain

Interview with Archbishop Akinola of Nigeria
« on: July 06, 2007, 12:58:04 PM »

Richard Johnson

• ALPB Administrator
  • ALPB Contribution Leader
  • Create in me a clean heart, O God.
    • View Profile
Re: Interview with Archbishop Akinola of Nigeria
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 01:39:56 PM »
Fascinating. Thanks, Paul.
The Rev. Richard O. Johnson, STS

Dave_Poedel

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 03:35:41 PM »
WOW!

Keith Falk

• ALPB Contribution Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 05:48:39 PM »
I would recommend taking the time to read the comments to the article, as well.  It can be eye-opening to read perspectives of sisters and brothers throughout the global church.
Rev. Keith Falk, STS

EENGELBRECHT

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2007, 05:38:19 PM »
I would recommend taking the time to read the comments to the article, as well.  It can be eye-opening to read perspectives of sisters and brothers throughout the global church.

As I've heard reports about the fervor and growth of Christianity in Africa, I've thought that this will become the next stronghold of Christianity. The west is rapidly declining, fat, and lazy but these folks are on the front lines. They understand the call and the challenges of serving Christ and are striving to do so.

Africa will likely become the stronghold of the Lutheran Church. It appears that the same thing is happening among the Anglicans.

In Christ,
EE

scott3

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2007, 06:01:58 PM »

As I've heard reports about the fervor and growth of Christianity in Africa, I've thought that this will become the next stronghold of Christianity. The west is rapidly declining, fat, and lazy but these folks are on the front lines. They understand the call and the challenges of serving Christ and are striving to do so.

Africa will likely become the stronghold of the Lutheran Church. It appears that the same thing is happening among the Anglicans.

In Christ,
EE

This is certainly my experience in East Africa.  The Lutheran church is thriving as nominal Christians seek to get to understand their faith better and turn to a church that offers more depth than an Independent congregation can.  Add to this loads of grass-roots evangelism, and you have rapidly growing churches.