Author Topic: Questions About 8 ELCA Seminaries  (Read 18729 times)

Jim Butler

• ALPB Contribution Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Questions About 8 ELCA Seminaries
« Reply #165 on: January 28, 2014, 12:32:36 PM »
The thinking was that with other sites available the women would be less than attracted to CTS but it would be the only choice in the NALC offings that was a traditional seminary program and the whole NALC program of seminary education would benefit from that...

My thought was that the women could enter our deaconess program. If, based on that, the NALC wanted to still ordain them, that was up to that body.

Ah well...
The significance of the passage of time, right? The significance of the passage of time. So when you think about it, there is great significance to the passage of time. -- VP Kamala Harris

DCharlton

• ALPB Contribution Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Questions About 8 ELCA Seminaries
« Reply #166 on: January 28, 2014, 12:35:19 PM »
The thinking was that with other sites available the women would be less than attracted to CTS but it would be the only choice in the NALC offings that was a traditional seminary program and the whole NALC program of seminary education would benefit from that...

My thought was that the women could enter our deaconess program. If, based on that, the NALC wanted to still ordain them, that was up to that body.

Ah well...

If I was NALC, which I'm not, that would have presented a problem.  If men and women are to hold the same office in the church, I don't think they ought to be in different programs in seminary.  Better to respect the integrity of CTS's program and decline to enroll there.
David Charlton  

Was Algul Siento a divinity school?