Author Topic: Mentor Resources  (Read 541 times)

Eileen Smith

• ALPB Contribution Leader
    • View Profile
Mentor Resources
« on: October 15, 2012, 07:47:43 PM »
May I ask for your help!  We have a mentor program for our confirmation students.  We've been using a resource for about 20 years and it only covers one year.  Do any of you have any good confirmation/mentor program resources that you use for a two year program?  Or - any good resources in general?

Just to note, students and mentors meet once a month.  We have a devotion, some time together as one group (first and second year together) and then we break out into mentor/student.  We're looking for a resource to use during this one-on-one time.

Thank you all.

Sandra

• ALPB Contribution Leader
  • Baptizatus sum.
    • View Profile
    • Baptizatus Sum
Re: Mentor Resources
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 09:30:57 PM »
What kind of resource are you looking for? A Bible study to do together or some issue to talk about?
Sandra (Ostapowich) Madden
sandramadden1119@gmail.com

DeHall

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 09:48:51 PM »
May I ask for your help!  We have a mentor program for our confirmation students.  We've been using a resource for about 20 years and it only covers one year.  Do any of you have any good confirmation/mentor program resources that you use for a two year program?  Or - any good resources in general?

Just to note, students and mentors meet once a month.  We have a devotion, some time together as one group (first and second year together) and then we break out into mentor/student.  We're looking for a resource to use during this one-on-one time.

Thank you all.
I would think that Lutheranism 101 would work for this age group (I assume 12-13 year olds).  Here's a link to the Leader's guide, if you'd like to review.  http://www.cph.org/pdf/Helps/124388_leaders_guide.pdf.  A chapter (or 2 in some cases) a month could easily fit into a 2 year program. 

Not Pastor McCain posting incognito :)  

Dave_Poedel

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 09:15:50 PM »
There is also a new "Lutheranism 101 for Kids" out.  I had my 11 year old and 8 year old granddaughters read them and both had no difficulty reading and comprehending.  I like having a Kid's version, as I find that the reading comprehension varies so wildly amongst kids that I like having the option of tailoring the resources.