Poll

Will you eat at Chick-fil-A today?

Yes
21 (32.8%)
No
14 (21.9%)
I would, but there is not a location near me.
29 (45.3%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day  (Read 9584 times)

Buckeye Deaconess

• ALPB Contribution Leader
    • View Profile
Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day
« on: August 01, 2012, 02:16:35 PM »
Will you be supporting Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day today?

LutherMan

Re: Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 02:22:11 PM »
Already ate there today.  They are across the street from me...

Dave Likeness

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 02:43:33 PM »
I eat there every chance I get.  I love their
chicken salad sandwich.  I order 2 at a time to
make sure I am never hungry when I leave the
restaurant.

More importantly, Truett Cathy, the founder of
Chick-Fil-A is a devout Christian.  Their official mission
statement says, "We exist  to glorify God by being a
faithful steward of all that is entrusted to us."
Another spiritual priority for Cathy is that all his
restaurants are closed on Sunday so his employees
can attend church worship services and spend time
with their families.

Jeremy Loesch

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 03:25:15 PM »
What do you mean by eating?  Does a milkshake count as "eating"?  I know you (like me) are one of those fundamentalist LCMS types!   ;D

Rah rah Chik-Fil-A!

Jeremy (who does criticize CFA for the lack of onions to put on their deeeelicious sandwiches)
A Lutheran pastor growing into all sorts of things.

Christopher Miller

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 03:36:15 PM »
No onions? That's a reason to go! (if I had one in MT  :'( )

Steverem

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 03:36:53 PM »
I celebrated Chick-Fil-A Appreciation Eve.  (Shorter lines, same yummy chicken.)  Today was a nice Italian Beef (wet, with sport peppers).

Keith Falk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 03:42:10 PM »
I answered, "yes", but technically I am not eating AT Chick-Fil-A.  A member of the congregation decided to buy Chick-Fil-A for the youth group meeting tonight (as much as I love pizza, it is nice to have something different).  So it isn't my money, and I'm not eating at a Chick-Fil-A, but I have a hunch that there is a reason why the chicken is being donated this Wednesday.
Rev. Keith Falk, STS

Brian Stoffregen

• ἐγὼ δὲ λέγω ὑμῖν, ἀγαπᾶτε τοὺς ἐχθροὺς ὑμῶν
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2012, 04:11:30 PM »
Given the responses available, I had to answer "No." There are no Chick-fil-a nearby; and if there were one, it's highly unlikely that I would be eating there today or yesterday or last week or last month. I have never eaten at a Chick-fil-a restaurant. It has nothing to do with what anyone has said recently. I very seldom eat at any fast-food restaurant. As my wife says, "I want real plates and silverware, not plastic or styrofoam."
"The church had made us like ill-taught piano students; we play our songs, but we never really hear them, because our main concern is not to make music, but but to avoid some flub that will get us in dutch." [Robert Capon, _Between Noon and Three_, p. 148]

Jeremy Loesch

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2012, 04:15:56 PM »
Given the responses available, I had to answer "No." There are no Chick-fil-a nearby; and if there were one, it's highly unlikely that I would be eating there today or yesterday or last week or last month. I have never eaten at a Chick-fil-a restaurant. It has nothing to do with what anyone has said recently. I very seldom eat at any fast-food restaurant. As my wife says, "I want real plates and silverware, not plastic or styrofoam."

Get it to go and then put it on plates at your own home.  And you could save whichever restaurant some money by not taking their utensils since you likely have your own at home too.

Jeremy
A Lutheran pastor growing into all sorts of things.

Brian Stoffregen

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2012, 04:24:05 PM »

Get it to go and then put it on plates at your own home.  And you could save whichever restaurant some money by not taking their utensils since you likely have your own at home too.

The closest one is 133.93 miles away according to their website. It has been said that the reason for heated seats in SW Arizona is to keep take out food warm in the car. However, getting food to go is another thing and almost never do. When I eat out, I eat out. I don't bring food home. Why mess up our utensils?
"The church had made us like ill-taught piano students; we play our songs, but we never really hear them, because our main concern is not to make music, but but to avoid some flub that will get us in dutch." [Robert Capon, _Between Noon and Three_, p. 148]

Buckeye Deaconess

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2012, 04:31:52 PM »
Quote from: Jeremy Loesch link=topic=4568.msg270390#msg270390
Get it to go and then put it on plates at your own home. 

Great idea, Jeremy!  I think I'll break out the good china and light a couple of candles to up the celebration level with my family tonight.   :D  I'm rather excited about a paper written last semester with a couple of members of my PhD cohort that was selected for presentation at a secular leadership conference in October.  I focused on Chick-fil-A while my other group members focused on Hershey and Tyson Foods.  We have a long history in the U.S. of being able to do business while integrating our faith as well as being able to speak freely as business owners. 

I cannot wait to see their sales results at the end of the month.

Dave Likeness

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2012, 04:35:01 PM »
Pastor Stoffregen has brought new meaning to
CLERGY CUISINE.  He has a wonderful wife who prefers
real plates and silverware at Red Lobster and Olive
Garden.   May all  of us learn to treat our wives
to an elite restaurant and not the fast food  of Wendys
or McDonalds and their plastic and styrofoam.   May
all of us grasp the true romantic experience of
CLERGY CUISINE.

Brian Stoffregen

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2012, 04:39:37 PM »
Pastor Stoffregen has brought new meaning to
CLERGY CUISINE.  He has a wonderful wife who prefers
real plates and silverware at Red Lobster and Olive
Garden.   May all  of us learn to treat our wives
to an elite restaurant and not the fast food  of Wendys
or McDonalds and their plastic and styrofoam.   May
all of us grasp the true romantic experience of
CLERGY CUISINE.

While we occasionally eat at Red Lobster and Olive Garden -- they are located in town; we generally go to locally owned places rather than large franchise places. Aaron and Monica are a young couple, early 30's who recently opened a Mexican restaurant a half mile from the church. (She was born in Mexico, he's a local boy.) That's where I eat most often and frequently take my wife. Had lunch there today. I have a lunch date there next Monday with the Episcopal priest. Ate there three times last week. (I've never asked about their views on homosexual relationships.) I get good food and good service at a reasonable price.

Next Tuesday is our 41st wedding anniversary. I'd better take her to an elite restaurant.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 05:17:31 PM by Brian Stoffregen »

LutherMan

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2012, 04:51:00 PM »

Daniel L. Gard

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2012, 05:32:03 PM »
There is no Chick-Fil-A here, unfortunately. But I am joining the "eat-in" in spirit.