Author Topic: Introductory business matters  (Read 4041 times)

revklak

Re: Introductory business matters
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2011, 08:28:18 AM »
It's pronounced Keh-SIM-ee >:(

Then they should spell it that way -- two 'i's in the word and they can't even pronounce them the same.... huh. What's next, you gonna tell me that GARBAGE is not pronounced gar-baggie?

Team Hesse

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2011, 08:31:58 AM »

Then they should spell it that way -- two 'i's in the word and they can't even pronounce them the same.... huh. What's next, you gonna tell me that GARBAGE is not pronounced gar-baggie?

No it is gar-ba-jay. Any fool knows that ;D

old fool Lou

Marshall_Hahn

• ALPB Contribution Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2011, 10:09:18 AM »

No it is gar-ba-jay. Any fool knows that ;D

old fool Lou
Or as Jonathan Winters proclaimed in the old Hefty commercials, "It's 'garbahge'."

Marshall Hahn

DCharlton

• ALPB Contribution Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2011, 02:46:58 PM »

You better smile when you say that. >:(  But seriously, it's an Indian name that goes back over 100 years.  No one who is a native of Kissimmee would ever pronounce it any other way, although a tourist might.  You simply put the accent on the second syllable, not the first.  Just as I know to put the emphasis on the first syllable of Texas, rather than the second.     
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 02:50:45 PM by DCharlton »
David Charlton  

Was Algul Siento a divinity school?