Author Topic: Slow start  (Read 4222 times)

Richard Johnson

• ALPB Administrator
  • ALPB Contribution Leader
  • Create in me a clean heart, O God.
    • View Profile
Re: Slow start
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2011, 02:09:18 PM »

It will be interesting to see if Vp Mueller will be given a speech on new acceptable relations between LCMS and ELCA.

My understanding is that VP Mueller will not be addressing the assembly; he is simply present. It sounds to me like this is tit for tat with LCMS not inviting an ELCA representative to speak last year.
The Rev. Richard O. Johnson, STS

PTMcCain

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2011, 02:34:09 PM »
And to all that, I would only respond

YAWN

So far the most exciting news is Richard and his missing press pass

:)

Scott6

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2011, 02:35:51 PM »

It will be interesting to see if Vp Mueller will be given a speech on new acceptable relations between LCMS and ELCA.

My understanding is that VP Mueller will not be addressing the assembly; he is simply present. It sounds to me like this is tit for tat with LCMS not inviting an ELCA representative to speak last year.

Ah.  So we've been "titted."  ;)

racin_jason

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2011, 02:37:25 PM »
Hanson is loose and in good form.

It's the first day so the delegates in the backround of camera shots are all showing bemusement in their 15 seconds of fame.

That'll end by Thursday.
Recipient of the official Forum Online Get Us Back on Topic Award

Team Hesse

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2011, 03:05:07 PM »

LOL

Lou (son of a dairyman)

Kforni

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2011, 04:13:34 PM »
Eager to hear from our correspondent (and others) on the ground in the Sunshine State on the extent to which the dark clouds ELCA losses... of congregations, members, identity.... those realized and those on the horizon... are acknowledged.  As a pastor in the ELCA, I view these dynamics as evidence of a contemporary "shadow of death." Will there be any room for grief, closure, recognition?  Without such, the denomination will  be part and parcel of the death denying culture of our times.

Steverem

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2011, 04:20:55 PM »
My prediction: a lot is made about a "new spirit of cooperation" in the church, and several speakers at the mics gush about the lack of rancor and divisiveness that was present at the last CWA.  The spin will be that the church is coming together in mission, and is ready to move forward to do God's will.  Very little will be said about "the issue," and--apart from the report of the treasurer--very little acknowledgement of the losses of capital/members/churches will be mentioned.

Coach-Rev

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2011, 05:36:15 PM »

And since we heard from the LCMS rep (though it was not Pres. Harrison) at the NALC convocation, I sit back in smug self-righteousness knowing we were neither "titted" nor "tatted." ;)

LutherMan

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2011, 03:09:57 AM »
The communications office is scaled way back; I was told they only plan four press releases this week (I guess that means one a day), whereas in the past they've issued at least that many a day.
Too bad.  After reading your reporting at CWA I always liked reading the press releases.

Mike in Pennsylvania

• ALPB Forum Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2011, 09:32:12 AM »
I was at the NALC Convocation, and I don't recall the LCMS representative speaking (or the ELCA representative).  We did hear from the LCMC and the Augsburg Lutheran Churches.
NALC Interim Pastor