Author Topic: Prayer Requests  (Read 102236 times)

FatherWilliam57

• ALPB Contribution Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Prayer Requests
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2010, 11:16:51 AM »
Good news, indeed.  Thanks for posting this, Paul.
The Rev. William B. Henry, Jr.
Interim Pastor, St. Peter's Lutheran Church, Evans City, PA
"Put on the whole armor of God."

kls

« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2010, 12:14:30 PM »
Thanks so much for the prayers.  Now I am even more grateful than before for this thread being started.  My bigger issue is now talking the man out of thinking he is still getting into the pulpit on Sunday.  You stubborn German men, I tell you.   ;)

FatherWilliam57

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2010, 12:21:00 PM »
I was always told that Germans are buried with their heads sticking out because they last longer than tombstones.   ;)

Glad he is feeling better.  Being a thistle-necked Scot myself, I can understand his desire to be in the pulpit Sunday.  (When I had back spasms last year...on a Saturday, no less...my wife kept me busy while my oldest son called an ambulance and my council president called the synod for a supply pastor.  Needless to say, I was ticked...and they were correct.  Keep on him, Deaconess!  The Church of Jesus Christ will not collapse if one of her pastors misses a Sunday in the pulpit.  The hardest pill of all for some of us to swallow...)

kls

« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2010, 12:52:52 PM »
I was always told that Germans are buried with their heads sticking out because they last longer than tombstones.   ;)

Glad he is feeling better.  Being a thistle-necked Scot myself, I can understand his desire to be in the pulpit Sunday.  (When I had back spasms last year...on a Saturday, no less...my wife kept me busy while my oldest son called an ambulance and my council president called the synod for a supply pastor.  Needless to say, I was ticked...and they were correct.  Keep on him, Deaconess!  The Church of Jesus Christ will not collapse if one of her pastors misses a Sunday in the pulpit.  The hardest pill of all for some of us to swallow...)

EXACTLY!  He already has his sermon written, so I think he expects he can lean on the pulpit for 15-20 minutes while another pastor in our circuit handles the liturgy.  Still, you can bet I'll stay on him to be with us in the pews on Sunday.  Men!  ::)

FatherWilliam57

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2010, 02:46:13 PM »

mariemeyer

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2010, 08:03:22 PM »
Prior to Barb's death on 11/ 29 I requested prayers for Barb Brunworth. Below is a link to the Memorial Service for Barb.  Some on this list may recognize Barb as an LCMS women who used her voice in loyal dissent to how the synod defines the service of women in the church.

Subject: Link to Barbara Brunworth's Memorial Service

http://www.cune.edu/staffweb/david.werner/bbrunworth

ptmccain

« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2010, 08:17:16 PM »
Thanks so much for the prayers.  Now I am even more grateful than before for this thread being started.  My bigger issue is now talking the man out of thinking he is still getting into the pulpit on Sunday.  You stubborn German men, I tell you.   ;)

Glad to hear things are going well! God bless.

Matt Staneck

• Shabbat Shalom! Matthew 11:28-30, 12:8
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2010, 03:02:09 PM »
There's a guy named Bobby who lives across the street from my grandparents house, the same house my Mom and all my aunts and uncles grew up in, who has down syndrome.  He is into his early 50s now and, quite remarkably, has lived a great life considering such a challenge.  Just yesterday he suffered from a fall and on top of that is dealing with double pneumonia right now.  Keep his father and siblings who all help care for him in your prayers.  As well as letting Bobby, "the Rock" as he has been known his whole life, know the comfort of his Savior.  Thanks!

M. Staneck
Matt Staneck, Pastor
St. John's Evangelical Lutheran Church
Queens, NY

ptmccain

« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2010, 03:08:45 PM »
Will do, Matt.

Paula Murray

« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2010, 01:58:41 AM »
My brother David was in an accident this weekend that cracked three vertebrae in his neck.  He has severe arthritis also in the neck, and that complicates the medical picture.  Please keep him and his family in your prayers as he undergoes surgery later this day to fuse the bones.

Thank you,
Paula Murray

ptmccain

« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2010, 07:32:13 AM »
Oh, my, Paula. I'm sorry to hear of this. I pray God will grant healing and strength, now and in days that are ahead.

Revbert

« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2010, 08:44:28 PM »
Prayers ascending, Paula.

Paula Murray

« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2010, 01:42:44 AM »
Thank you for your prayers, brothers and sisters.  So far David is doing well.  They found more damage than expected during surgery, but it was repaired.  Now we pray for patience, for this dear, impatient man must spend the next 12 weeks in a neck brace every hour of the day.

Again, thank you.

Yours in Christ,
Paula Murray

tom

« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2010, 02:07:30 AM »
will Pray for him and family

I would be a bear after the first day and would need darted with ace on the 2nd day

kls

« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2010, 11:16:44 AM »
I would truly appreciate your prayers that my husband would be released from the hospital today if it would be God's will.  It's definitely our will, but we'll see if He agrees.   ;)