Author Topic: Prayer Requests  (Read 102243 times)

Richard Johnson

• ALPB Administrator
  • ALPB Contribution Leader
  • Create in me a clean heart, O God.
    • View Profile
Re: Prayer Requests
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2010, 10:14:55 PM »
My mother-in-law, June Solberg, 90, is approaching death after four years of late-stage Alzheimer's. Please pray for a peaceful passing; we expect it very soon.

Thank you for your prayers. Mom died this afternoon about 5:40, very peacefully.
The Rev. Richard O. Johnson, STS

Weedon

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2010, 10:15:48 PM »
Rest eternal grant her, O Lord, and let light perpetual shine upon her!

Matt

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2010, 11:30:10 PM »
Let me add my Amen to your prayers for Pr. Majewski, Margaret, June and Barbara and for all those who worry and grieve for them.

Please also remember my wife's grandmother Betty who's condition is most serious.

Revbert

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2010, 07:45:29 AM »
My prayers to all requested, and for the families as well.

amos

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2010, 03:50:51 PM »
Richard,  our prayers are with you and your family.  No matter how much we anticipate something it is still hard. I lost my Dad several years ago and my mother this last October. I am so thankful for, and find both hope and consolation in the promises our Precious Lord has given to all of us. 

J. Eriksson

• ALPB Forum Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2010, 02:12:15 AM »
Mr. prayers are with the Majewski family, the Solbergs, Brunworth family, and their extended families.

My thanks are for those who have made this thread more than a thread for me and my concerns.

My family reports that my sister has been able to rest without massive coughing, sleep better, and have enough energy(for a few minutes to speak with those who have visited her)   we are still praying.

Best to all
James

I'm not a pastor.  Please don't call me one.

The other Pastor Schuster

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2010, 02:41:27 PM »
Our prayers to all who requested, their families, and all concerned for them.

pastormesser

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2010, 02:50:28 PM »
Pr. Aloysius Majewski was called home by our Lord Friday morning.  Thanks to all for the prayers.  Please keep them coming for those of us who mourn, including his wife, Marjorie, and children, Dustin, Christopher, Brittany, and Jacob.  I will be serving as Liturgist at his funeral Tuesday morning and will preside over his Committal back here in Michigan on Thursday morning, so prayers for strength to get through these services would be greatly appreciated as well. 

Weedon

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2010, 03:09:43 PM »
Pr. Messer, I know it's heart-breaking to lose such a good friend.  Prayers ascend. 

ptmccain

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2010, 03:10:18 PM »
Pr. Aloysius Majewski was called home by our Lord Friday morning.  Thanks to all for the prayers.  Please keep them coming for those of us who mourn, including his wife, Marjorie, and children, Dustin, Christopher, Brittany, and Jacob.  I will be serving as Liturgist at his funeral Tuesday morning and will preside over his Committal back here in Michigan on Thursday morning, so prayers for strength to get through these services would be greatly appreciated as well. 

Precious in His sight, are the death of His saints.

Daniel L. Gard

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2010, 03:16:31 PM »
As I read this thread, I am reminded again of the importance of Jesus' words, "I am the Resurrection and the Life." May He be with all those who mourn!

lowly

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2010, 04:00:16 PM »
Please keep Deaconess Schave's husband, Pastor Steve Schave in your prayers.  He has been hospitalized with abdominal pain.

Kevin Jud

ptmccain

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2010, 04:47:59 PM »
Thanks Kevin, will do.

FatherWilliam57

• ALPB Contribution Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2010, 01:18:08 AM »
Ditto.  Prayers ascending.
The Rev. William B. Henry, Jr.
Interim Pastor, St. Peter's Lutheran Church, Evans City, PA
"Put on the whole armor of God."

ptmccain

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2010, 10:42:38 AM »
Kim posted this information on her Facebook page:

acute pancreatitis and maybe gall stones.

No surgery is required, a few days treatment in the hospital.

Then this morning she posted:

was relieved to see my hubby alert and feeling a little better this morning. We even took a stroll down the hallway together. :) He'll need a few more days in the hospital, and it doesn't look like surgery or further treatment will be required. Praise Go
d!