Author Topic: ELCA Considering New Procedures for Congregations Considering Leaving the ELCA  (Read 31837 times)

G.Edward

Yeah, Godself and God's Son are throughout the original languages.  How did the Church miss that for 2000 years?  The fools!

"Godself" is not in the translation. "God's son" is accurately reflecting the meaning of filium eius unicum and more closely related to the biblical "Son of God" (which could be translated "God's son").

You have spoken truthfully.  Thank you for clearing up one of the common revisions of the texts.

James_Gale

• ALPB Contribution Leader
    • View Profile
Re: ELCA Considering New Procedures for Congregations Considering Leaving the EL
« Reply #496 on: December 15, 2010, 01:20:18 AM »
I'm curious to know if anyone has seen a copy of the letter recently received by the ELCA headquarters from the Ethiopian church "Mekane Jesus" (sp?) calling for the ELCA to repent of its sins from August 2009?  As far as I can tell, there has been no response from Higgins Road on this (recognizing that this is off topic for this thread...)

I haven't seen the letter, but here is a story about it from the Mekane Yesus web site.

In related news, the Rev. Gemechis D. Buba, a pastor who came from the Mekane Yesus Church and who currently is the ELCA's Director of African National Ministries, has accepted a call to serve as the NALC's Missions Director.  A press release is here.

Coach-Rev

Re: ELCA Considering New Procedures for Congregations Considering Leaving the EL
« Reply #497 on: December 15, 2010, 08:10:04 AM »
Thanks for the link to that story.

I either need a new search engine, to think and utilize better keywords, or both.  I didn't find that link when I searched for it.