Author Topic: Another Outstanding Issue!  (Read 3168 times)

Revbert

Another Outstanding Issue!
« on: November 16, 2010, 08:24:25 PM »
The current issue is marvelous. Of course, this Pearson guy is of questionable repute  ;)

Seriously, even Tom's article is marvelous.

Coach-Rev

Re: Another Outstanding Issue!
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 08:30:52 PM »
I missed something.  What issue?  You certainly cannot be referring to the "Lutheran"... 

A Catholic Lutheran

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 08:52:53 PM »
I am assuming (dangerous, I know) that Art is referring to either the Lutheran Forum or more likely, The Forum Letter.

No way he's referring to The Lutheran, which seems to have reverted to the 1980's and whose current issue is yet another redux of women's ordination...

Pax Christi;
Pr. Jerry Kliner, STS

Revbert

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 09:02:29 PM »
Well, since this is a place for Letters to the Editor, I assumed it went w/o saying I meant the current FL.   ;D

Coach-Rev

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 10:17:42 PM »
Sorry, I (kindof) assumed Lutheran forum too, but thought that I could have a little fun by asking if it was the "Lutheran," being the heretical propaganda rag of the ELCA that it is...  :P :P :P

Ken Kimball

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010, 10:39:40 PM »
Yes, Tom wrote an excellent piece that challenges us to more carefully define just what is meant by "the Great Tradition" which he demonstrates apparently means quite different things to different people.  It's been one of those ambiguous catch phrases that we evangelical catholics have latched on to but. as Tom notes, we haven't been very precise in clarifying it.  Tom has done the family proud--and it is interesting to note that "Pop" had a piece in there too along with "son".   ;D   (Sorry for the inside joke).

Ken

Richard Johnson

• ALPB Administrator
  • ALPB Contribution Leader
  • Create in me a clean heart, O God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2010, 12:34:51 AM »
Sorry, I (kindof) assumed Lutheran forum too, but thought that I could have a little fun by asking if it was the "Lutheran," being the heretical propaganda rag of the ELCA that it is...  :P :P :P

FORUM LETTER!!!   FORUM LETTER!!!   FORUM LETTER!!!

(Not Lutheran Forum, though our sister publication is a fine one as well and you get both for one subscription price!
The Rev. Richard O. Johnson, STS

Pilgrim

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2010, 10:18:06 AM »
[FORUM LETTER!!!   FORUM LETTER!!!   FORUM LETTER!!!

(Not Lutheran Forum, though our sister publication is a fine one as well and you get both for one subscription price!

Tim notes: Oh Charles, please insert protest of blatant advertising post here: ___________   ;D ;D ;D
Pr. Tim Christ, STS

Rev. Kevin Scheuller

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2011, 01:51:14 AM »
I really enjoyed the February 2011 Forum Letter, my first ever as a new subscriber.  I especially liked Jeremy's contribution

Charles_Austin

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2011, 06:56:17 AM »
No. My strong "note of protest" is that despite having paid my subscription (I think) my mailing label seems to have fallen into some dark hole at ALPB. I do not think I have received the last two issues of either FORUM LETTER or the larger (and duller) magazine.
I shall now check my payment records and - if necessary - issue a protest to the Powers That Be at ALPB.
I consider it indispensable reading, even if someone there doesn't want me to read it.
 >:(

Jeremy Loesch

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2011, 07:11:30 AM »
Thank you very much Kevin.  I appreciate your words.  And I appreciate having an editor who works and offers suggestions.  And I hope you get your issues Charles that you are missing.  I've come to look forward to all the publications of ALPB. 

Jeremy
A Lutheran pastor growing into all sorts of things.

Kurt Weinelt

• Hier stehe ich, ich kann nicht anders!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2011, 07:00:03 PM »
I really enjoyed the February 2011 Forum Letter, my first ever as a new subscriber.  I especially liked Jeremy's contribution

Pr. Loesch's powerful article has given me much to ponder about witnessing in the public square. February's Forum Letter is perhaps my favorite one since the "Temple Prostitution" issue!
Kurt
"Learning about history is an antidote to the hubris of the present, the idea that everything in OUR lives is the ultimate." David McCullough

Jeremy Loesch

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2011, 09:16:42 PM »
To be linked to Peter's article is very flattering.  Glad you enjoyed.  Richard and Peter earn every dime they receive from ALPB.

Jeremy

(That noise you hear is Richard and Peter rustling around saying, "We get dimes?")
A Lutheran pastor growing into all sorts of things.

Rev. Kevin Scheuller

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2011, 09:52:55 PM »
To be linked to Peter's article is very flattering.  Glad you enjoyed.  Richard and Peter earn every dime they receive from ALPB.

Jeremy

(That noise you hear is Richard and Peter rustling around saying, "We get dimes?")
Oh man! Now you guys have me wishing I subscribed a long time ago. 

John Theiss

• ALPB Forum Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2011, 11:47:35 AM »
Dear Editor - How might one gain permission for a reprint of a FL article from February 2011?  Sincerely, one moved by what you wrote.