Author Topic: "parish arrangement" as future policy of the ELCA?  (Read 8822 times)

George Erdner

Re: "parish arrangement" as future policy of the ELCA?
« Reply #105 on: November 09, 2010, 05:53:47 PM »
Perhaps they have served their purpose in the present (or recently past) form and it is time to look at them afresh and do some editing to make them better and more useful?

Dan

The truth is the truth. It shouldn't need editing to make it more useful. If, however, there is a belief that it might be phrased better, there's no need to take down the old page. The editing should be done off-line, and when the new file is ready, it's simply uploaded to replace and supersede the old. There's no reason to take a web page down to edit it. It's not like a painted sign that needs to be schlepped to the sign-painters' workshop for modification.

ptmccain

« Reply #106 on: November 09, 2010, 06:00:44 PM »
The news on the ELCA web site tells me that somebody at ELCA.ORG is reading this site, or is aware of it. Perhaps there is a mole here? Ah, the possibilities of intrigue are boundless.

8)

Charles_Austin

« Reply #107 on: November 09, 2010, 06:41:38 PM »
Get over yourself. There is nothing "secret" here (or on any internet site), and if I were a mover and shaker in ELCA official-dom, I'd not give this site more than a quick once-over.
Do you suppose the LCMS poohbahs monitor that John the Studfest site or whatever it's called? Or the other anti-Missouri brotherhoods?
On the other hand, I suppose they might because they could catch an LCMSer writing something treif and then...  ;)

Steven Tibbetts

• ALPB Contribution Leader
  • Big tents are for circuses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 09, 2010, 06:49:13 PM »

Hmm, interesting.  I went to pull up the link in order to post it here, only to find that it has been removed, under their "dig deeper" section.  anyone interested, email me and I'll give you a copy of what USED to be up there as late as last week.

See this new topic.

Pax, Steven+
The Rev. Steven Paul Tibbetts, STS
Pastor Zip's Blog

G.Edward

« Reply #109 on: November 09, 2010, 10:25:42 PM »
On September 1, 2010 Bishop Stuck removed me from the ELCA roster, because I had rostered with LCMC.  Funny how the ECP rostered folk can remain dual rostered, isn't it?

Well, the ECP was never a real roster in the sense that it was created and maintained by a real church body.  That it was allowed and in some synods condoned is shame on the bishops.

Steven Tibbetts

• Big tents are for circuses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 09, 2010, 11:05:52 PM »

Well, the ECP was never a real roster in the sense that it was created and maintained by a real church body.

What makes "a real church body?" 

The formation, ordination, and continued support of pastors is certainly an indicator of "a real church body."  What does ELM not have that is necessary for "a real church body?"

I know.  With the reception of most of the ELM rostered folk as ELCA pastors, that ship (whatever you call it) has probably already sailed as far as the ELCA is concerned. 

Christe eleison, Steven+
(Who was saying, "It's the ecclesiology, stupid!" in 1993.)
The Rev. Steven Paul Tibbetts, STS
Pastor Zip's Blog

George Erdner

« Reply #111 on: November 09, 2010, 11:10:08 PM »

Well, the ECP was never a real roster in the sense that it was created and maintained by a real church body.

The formation, ordination, and continued support of pastors is certainly an indicator of "a real church body."  What does ELM not have that is necessary for "a real church body?"

I know.  With the reception of most of the ELM rostered folk as ELCA pastors, that ship (whatever you call it) has probably already sailed as far as the ELCA is concerned. 

Christe eleison, Steven+

Is a "church body" equivalent to a "denomination"? If not, what's the difference?

Coach-Rev

« Reply #112 on: November 09, 2010, 11:34:54 PM »

Hmm, interesting.  I went to pull up the link in order to post it here, only to find that it has been removed, under their "dig deeper" section.  anyone interested, email me and I'll give you a copy of what USED to be up there as late as last week.

See this new topic.

Pax, Steven+

At first glance, that appears to be the entire thing.  3 people have asked, and I just forwarded it to them via email, for copies direct from the website.  I also included some info on "The Bible" and "The Universal Scope of Salvation in Christ" as well.

totaliter vivens

« Reply #113 on: November 10, 2010, 12:17:00 AM »

Christe eleison, Steven+

Steven:

ELM never had congregations. So in that, they failed the most basic test of being a church: communities gathered around Word and Sacraments.

SPS

A Catholic Lutheran

« Reply #114 on: November 17, 2010, 11:56:59 AM »
Hey wait a minute...

Isn't Richard "dual Rostered" with the Universal Life Church or some such outfit... :o

Iquiring minds want to know! ;D ;D ;D

Pax Christi;
Pr. Jerry Kliner, STS

Richard Johnson

• ALPB Administrator
  • Create in me a clean heart, O God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 17, 2010, 01:00:16 PM »
Shhhh . . .
The Rev. Richard O. Johnson, STS

G.Edward

« Reply #116 on: November 17, 2010, 08:03:27 PM »
I hear the Universal Life Church has a group policy...

Revbert

« Reply #117 on: November 18, 2010, 11:53:22 AM »
I hear the Universal Life Church has a group policy...

[thwack!]
 8)