Author Topic: Bishop Chilstrom "Relieved" By Those Leaving the ELCA  (Read 18905 times)

Steven Tibbetts

• ALPB Contribution Leader
  • Big tents are for circuses.
    • View Profile
Re: Bishop Chilstrom "Relieved" By Those Leaving the ELCA
« Reply #255 on: September 11, 2010, 01:53:33 PM »

6. Then someone says this is just an indictment of the leadership of the synodical bishop and an intrusive "intervention" into the bishop's territory.

If that is what you got out of my comment, I didn't communicate very well.

Pax, Steven+
Waiting for some ELCA official -- a sitting Bishop if possible -- to let slip from his lips in public, "Damn, this approach on homosexuality might not have been a good idea."  That could be a beginning of reconciliation.
The Rev. Steven Paul Tibbetts, STS
Pastor Zip's Blog

Erma S. Wolf

Re: Bishop Chilstrom "Relieved" By Those Leaving the ELCA
« Reply #256 on: September 11, 2010, 02:25:39 PM »

5. Someone else opines, "Hah! It is to laugh!" (to quote inspector Clouseau), and says that such things are "well-intentioned," but usually "patronizing" and that any "good feelings" are sure to "evaporate."

Light-hearted Whimsy Alert!  Light-hearted Whimsy Alert!  Light-hearted Whimsy Alert!
ELCA "revisionist" (to an ELCA "traditionalist"):  Do you know traditionalists have no sense of humor?

ELCA "traditionalist":  No, but hum a few bars and I'll fake it.  (Ta-dum Crash!)

Charles, as one of the Desert Fathers said:  "Either flee as far as you can from men [o-kay, people  ;)], or else, laughing at the world and the [people] who are in it, make yourself a fool in many things."

Or as Inspector Clouseau would say: "Do som-ting about your filthy minkey!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQAMvmi1Zwk&feature=related

Smiling,
Erma  
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 02:40:20 PM by Erma S. Wolf »