Author Topic: CORE/NALC Travel  (Read 1195 times)

Pilgrim

• ALPB Contribution Leader
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: CORE/NALC Travel
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2010, 07:10:05 AM »
Tim writes: 7a @ Port Columbus, Monday morning. 2 days in my childhood hometown. Back in Texas by lunch, with the rude reminder of heat and humidity! Blessings to all, my life was enriched by our time together. Thanks to all!  :D
Pr. Tim Christ, STS

GoCubsGo

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2010, 07:42:41 AM »
What may matter is this...

The pastor (who, as it happens, is the same pastor who presided at my first communion, confirmation, and marriage) included in the prayers a petition for the North American Lutheran Church, as well as for the traditional/orthodox who choose to stay in the ELCA.  This was interesting to me on two fronts - how many of you included in your prayers the NALC? 

I'm home safe and sound.  Kind of drifted through a very busy Sunday still very tired from travel and not sleeping well while in Columbus.  (I stayed at the Motel 6 and while they do "leave the light on for ya" the bed was more like a hammock--as I said to others "Forty dollars a night, and all the pride you can swallow.")

I too included prayers for both the ELCA and the NALC as well as other Lutheran church bodies that in all things and all ways the gospel might be shared...

Ken Kimball

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2010, 09:12:21 AM »
Prayed for the NALC at both congregations.  Also prayed for the ELCA.  It was good to see some of you--though often for just a second or two in passing with a smile and greeting.   Look forward to seeing (and talking with) those of you who will be at the STS General Retreat in Mundelein.  By the way, Pr. Forni, a fine job offering prayer at the Convocation!

Ken

J. Thomas Shelley

• ALPB Contribution Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2010, 09:17:29 AM »
Our pizza gathering Friday was a much needed debriefing.  Keith, thank you so much for organizing it.

Home around 1 PM Saturday, fortunately, a relatively quiet week in the parish meaning no one requiring immediate attention.

I had the foresight and Continuing Ed/Sabbatical time available to be absent from the congregation on Sunday, so I worshipped at 276 year old Christ Lutheran, York, Susquehanna Chapter STS Dean Rev. Patrick J. Rooney presiding.  When you worship at Christ Church there is no need to be anxious about "inclusive" language or bizarre hymnody.

There was more delight upon realizing that the Preacher was Seminarian Micah Garnett, whose mother, Lois,  was one of my choir members during the brief year that I served as the Director of Music for the now-closed Messiah Lutheran.  I remember Lois becoming "great with child" as the year wore on and witnessing Micah's Baptism.  After departing for my only UM parish we returned to visit for their late Christmas Eve service only to find that Micah was the child in manger for the live Nativity.

Greek Orthodox-Ecumenical Patriarchate

Baptized, Confirmed, and Ordained United Methodist.
Served as a Lutheran Pastor October 31, 1989 - October 31, 2014.
Charter member of the first chapter of the Society of the Holy Trinity.

Chrismated Antiochian Orthodox, eve of Mary of Egypt Sunday, A.D. 2015