Author Topic: Contraception  (Read 9400 times)

Sandra

• ALPB Contribution Leader
  • Baptizatus sum.
    • View Profile
    • Baptizatus Sum
Re: Contraception
« Reply #150 on: November 19, 2010, 03:05:27 PM »
I love full quivers, am unable to have more children, and would adopt in a heartbeat if God put children in need in my path.  Thank you, Sandra, for bringing this issue into the discussion.  I would suspect the full quiver movement folks have a very high view of adoption given all that Scripture sets forth on the subject as you mentioned.

The trouble there is that you usually need to step off the beaten path to get on the road to adoption.  :)
Sandra (Ostapowich) Madden
sandramadden1119@gmail.com

kls

« Reply #151 on: November 19, 2010, 03:11:21 PM »
I love full quivers, am unable to have more children, and would adopt in a heartbeat if God put children in need in my path.  Thank you, Sandra, for bringing this issue into the discussion.  I would suspect the full quiver movement folks have a very high view of adoption given all that Scripture sets forth on the subject as you mentioned.

The trouble there is that you usually need to step off the beaten path to get on the road to adoption.  :)

Not always, though.  ;)  God has a way . . . He is sure using some interesting situations to prick away at my heart!  Adoption can definitely be a sacrifice for both parties, but also full of rewards.  My utmost respect goes to those who travel this road.  What a blessing!

FatherWilliam57

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 19, 2010, 03:25:23 PM »
All three of our children are adopted.  God's blessings to us can come in a myriad number of ways.  And they are, indeed, good gifts which God bestows.
The Rev. William B. Henry, Jr.
Interim Pastor, St. Peter's Lutheran Church, Evans City, PA
"Put on the whole armor of God."

kls

« Reply #153 on: November 19, 2010, 03:31:05 PM »
All three of our children are adopted.  God's blessings to us can come in a myriad number of ways.  And they are, indeed, good gifts which God bestows.

FORTUNATELY, I am in total agreement with you!   :D

ptmccain

« Reply #154 on: November 19, 2010, 03:45:27 PM »
Our three children were all adopted too, by our Lord at their Holy Baptisms. So, I guess, all faithful Christian parents are parents of adopted children.

:)

kls

« Reply #155 on: November 19, 2010, 03:48:27 PM »
Our three children were all adopted too, by our Lord at their Holy Baptisms. So, I guess, all faithful Christian parents are parents of adopted children.

This is most certainly true!  Our children are merely entrusted to our care while they truly belong to our Heavenly Father.  Great stuff!

Sandra

• Baptizatus sum.
    • View Profile
    • Baptizatus Sum
« Reply #156 on: November 19, 2010, 03:49:34 PM »

:)

Oh that's always a fun lesson - to tell kids (and their very surprised parents) that they are adopted. :) Some just get adopted TWICE!
Sandra (Ostapowich) Madden
sandramadden1119@gmail.com

Karl Hess

« Reply #157 on: November 19, 2010, 07:19:58 PM »
Don't dodge the issue.
If God "qualifies" those chosen to be blessed with children, then what is going on with 14-year old girls on welfare, school drop-outs or drug addicts who get pregnant? If God "qualifies" those chosen to be blessed with children, then why are Youth and Family Service agencies swamped with the detritus of inept (or even evil) parenting?

Maybe, just maybe, there is nothing in God's economy disqualifying about being 14 years old, on welfare, or without a formal education. Maybe such people's lives are (this could be a hard concept for some) worth living anyway, and maybe their own struggles with sin or addiction, like everyone else's, result in failure at parenting just as a thirty-something, self-sufficient, highly educated woman in perfect health might traumatize her children emotionally and psychologically in ways jus as bad, but that don't typically involve Youth and Family Services.

Wow, this is beautiful.  Thank God that He hasn't disqualified me from being a parent, despite my brokenness.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 07:22:34 PM by Karl Hess »

FatherWilliam57

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 19, 2010, 07:37:05 PM »

Thought I explained that in another thread...   ;)
The Rev. William B. Henry, Jr.
Interim Pastor, St. Peter's Lutheran Church, Evans City, PA
"Put on the whole armor of God."

kls

« Reply #159 on: November 20, 2010, 06:45:56 AM »

Thought I explained that in another thread...   ;)

Absolutely . . . just my lame attempt at humor!   :o

kls

« Reply #160 on: November 21, 2010, 07:00:40 PM »
A FB friend posted a link to this resource from LFL today . . .

The Servanthood of Adoption

What an amazing arrangement God has provided for His children--including both child and parents!