Author Topic: Pretty Good Lutherans Site No More  (Read 5325 times)

Marshall_Hahn

• ALPB Contribution Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Pretty Good Lutherans Site No More
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2010, 01:36:32 PM »
Susan Hogan has a new blog site, "Divinity and Beyond" (http://www.divinityandbeyond.com/).  It appears it began in August and has much the same look as "Pretty Good Lutherans."  I have pegged it to my "Favorites" list since I expect it to be a good resource for finding stories and commentary on Lutheranism from a variety of sources.

Marshall Hahn

SmithL

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2010, 03:54:06 PM »
Susan Hogan has a new blog site, "Divinity and Beyond" (http://www.divinityandbeyond.com/).  It appears it began in August and has much the same look as "Pretty Good Lutherans."  I have pegged it to my "Favorites" list since I expect it to be a good resource for finding stories and commentary on Lutheranism from a variety of sources.
Marshall Hahn

It seems to about Minnesota religious news, which does include some Lutheran stories.

Marshall_Hahn

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2010, 05:51:19 PM »
Marshall Hahn

It seems to about Minnesota religious news, which does include some Lutheran stories.
Are there Lutherans elsewhere?

Marshall Hahn

SmithL

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2010, 07:49:05 PM »

Marshall Hahn
[/quote]

I was more surprised to discover that there were denominations other than Lutheran up there.

Ken Kimball

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2010, 10:06:27 PM »

Marshall Hahn

I was more surprised to discover that there were denominations other than Lutheran up there.
[/quote]
I had a high school graduating class of 20 (Bricelyn High, 1978).  Seventeen were Lutheran (all ALC) and three were Roman Catholic.  I thought that was the general proportion everywhere.  Then I went to the University of Michigan for two years.  Ended up coming back to Minnesota at St. Olaf--needed a Lutheran immersion again.   ;D
Ken

J. Thomas Shelley

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2010, 10:40:50 PM »
Susan Hogan has a new blog site, "Divinity and Beyond" (http://www.divinityandbeyond.com/).  It appears it began in August and has much the same look as "Pretty Good Lutherans." 

One of the few blessings of dial-up is that pages load so slowly that one can actually read the various urls as they are accessed and connected by the browser. 

Based on the fact that every "read more" sends the browser through a connection to "prettygoodlutherans.com" I'd say that this new domain name is a mirror site for the former one, right down to the comments feature.
Greek Orthodox-Ecumenical Patriarchate

Baptized, Confirmed, and Ordained United Methodist.
Served as a Lutheran Pastor October 31, 1989 - October 31, 2014.
Charter member of the first chapter of the Society of the Holy Trinity.

Chrismated Antiochian Orthodox, eve of Mary of Egypt Sunday, A.D. 2015

SmithL

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2010, 12:41:17 AM »
Many of my comments never saw the light of day at PGL, and I got lectured for even mentioning political correctness in a post.  But I appreciated that Susan did have a Pretty Good Lutheran news feed on her site.  I wish she'd left it.

Marshall_Hahn

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2010, 09:49:14 AM »
Many of my comments never saw the light of day at PGL, and I got lectured for even mentioning political correctness in a post.  But I appreciated that Susan did have a Pretty Good Lutheran news feed on her site.  I wish she'd left it.

Yes, I have gotten lectured, too.  But it was a good site for source material - kind of like "Exposing the ELCA" but from the other side.  I have found valuable information at both sites.

Marshall Hahn

Bergs

• Battle for truth, justice & the American way
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2010, 11:51:03 AM »
Morning's email brought this note to my inbasket.

Dear Friends:

Sorry about sending this group message.
You may have noticed that I've been slowly dropping all my Facebook friends. In reality, I'm dropping out of Facebook -- likely tonight or tomorrow.
I wanted to let you know, so you wouldn't take it personally. I'd love to stay in touch.
Please know that you can reach me at 224-217-5167 or susan@prettygoodwriting.com

Thanks for understanding,
Susan

Divinity and Beyond (Twitter: MNreligion)

Interfaith Chicago
(Twitter: ifaithchicago)

As mentioned above, Ms. Hogan does have her own bias different from my own bias and respectfully enforced it.  Her site has been a good source for info and is missed.  It appears she is also pulling back from another new media site.

Brian J. Bergs
Minneapolis, MN

But let me tell Thee that now, today, people are more persuaded than ever that they have perfect freedom, yet they have brought their freedom to us and laid it humbly at our feet. But that has been our doing.
The Grand Inquisitor

Charles_Austin

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2010, 03:08:56 PM »
Actually, I would strongly advise limiting one's participation in Facebook because of the potential security issues and misuse of whatever is posted there.

Dadoo

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2010, 08:33:14 AM »
To continue the chronicling of the Susan Hogan saga, the new site http://www.divinityandbeyond.com/ seems to suddenly have gone defunct as well. Reasons unknown.
Peter Kruse

Diversity and tolerance are very complex concepts. Rigid conformity is needed to ensure their full realization. - Mike Adams

Maryland Brian

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2010, 06:13:00 PM »
Actually, I would strongly advise limiting one's participation in Facebook because of the potential security issues and misuse of whatever is posted there.

That's silly.

Charles_Austin

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2010, 06:32:40 PM »
Agreed. It's silly. But only if you have absolutely no concern about who gets your ip address, who keeps a record of sites, friends, groups, etc. you use and who might be reading to determine things like when one is away from home, where one travels, banks, or stores the boat.

pr dtp

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2010, 07:19:13 PM »
Agreed. It's silly. But only if you have absolutely no concern about who gets your ip address, who keeps a record of sites, friends, groups, etc. you use and who might be reading to determine things like when one is away from home, where one travels, banks, or stores the boat.

Or when you and George start your counseling with Rev.MCain and Rev. Stoeffregen inside the MMA cage?    8) 8) 8) 8) :o :o :o :o 8) 8) 8) 8)

Maryland Brian

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2010, 09:46:39 PM »

Or when you and George start your counseling with Rev.MCain and Rev. Stoeffregen inside the MMA cage?    8) 8) 8) 8) :o :o :o :o 8) 8) 8) 8)

Maybe we can kick in and pay for the therapy.