Author Topic: Indiana Logistics  (Read 4007 times)

RayToy

• ALPB Forum Member
    • View Profile
Indiana Logistics
« on: August 26, 2009, 12:31:51 AM »
<de-lurking>

Hello Everybody,

I have filled out my registration form, made my airline reservations, and made my hotel reservations for the Lutheran CORE gathering in Indiana.  The materials suggest carpooling since there are only 300 parking spots available.  In that spirit, I was wondering about getting four rides.  I will need to ride:

From the Indianapolis airport to the Church

From the Church to the Super 8 Hotel (#3 on the list)

From the Super 8 Hotel to the Church on Saturday morning

And finally, from the church to the airport.

Anybody available?

Thanks,
Ray
Deacon Raymond Toy, OSSD

Pilgrim

• ALPB Contribution Leader
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: Indiana Logistics
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 10:27:18 AM »
Ray,

My chairperson and I will be arriving in Indianapolis late Friday morning and have rented a car. We're staying at the Holiday Inn Express. Our departure flight leaves at 3 on Saturday afternoon. If the logistics can be worked out, we'd be more than happy to help. I'm guessing that someone will be staying at your location that may make it easier, but the offer is there.

Pr. Tim Christ
Pr. Tim Christ, STS

Revbert

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 07:00:56 PM »
Haven't made a firm decision on attending yet (for many reasons), but if I do, I'll be staying with family and will have "wheels" to help shuttle some...

Art

Paul L. Knudson

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 11:27:40 PM »
I'll have my car and surely can help with rides to and from the hotel.  Looks like the suggested hotels are close to each other.  I am staying at the Quality Inn.  Need to hit the road quickly after the meeting closes.  I'm sure those matters can be worked out.  If nothing materializes for the initial ride from the airport, I believe I will be getting to town early enough that I could swing around to get you and bring you to the church and motel.  Phone me at 1-320-587-2227 by Wednesday evening of that week if you need a ride.  You could also try my cell (1-605-868-3057) after you arrive and no solution is available.

Richard Johnson

• ALPB Administrator
  • Create in me a clean heart, O God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 11:42:14 PM »
I don't know if the hotels are in danger of filling up, but I'm staying a bit farther out, at the LaQuinta Indianapolis East Post Drive. (I've got a "frequent stayer" deal with LQ so I can stay there for free.) Rates are cheaper there anyway, even if I were paying. Might be an option for some; it's about 20 minutes from the church.
The Rev. Richard O. Johnson, STS

RayToy

• ALPB Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 12:08:29 AM »
Friends,

I am duly impressed.  :)  To make things easier among our offers, I am scheduled to arrive in Indianapolis via Southwest at 2:45.  Likewise, I am scheduled to depart on Saturday at 2:40.

Thanks,
Ray
Deacon Raymond Toy, OSSD

Cnehring

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2009, 03:16:09 PM »
I'm driving down from the Appleton, WI area. I'm renting a car, so could bring 3 others (have invited a couple of friends from MN & SD-haven't heard yet). Will be staying at the Courtyard at Marriott about 15 miles from the convocation (got it on priceline for $65)

Let me know if anyone from the area might want to ride together

Charles_Austin

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2009, 04:19:14 PM »
If I come, I'll fly in, stay as close to the meeting site as possible, and take taxis to get around. Would share cabs when possible.

dkeener

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2009, 04:32:34 PM »
Arriving on Delta around noon Fri. and fly out at 2:45 on Sat.  Will be at the Hampton and will have a rental car if anyone needs a ride. (note - Delta - so give or take a few hours on Fri.)

Dave Keener

Pilgrim

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2009, 04:50:56 PM »
Tim Christ adds: We arrive Friday at 11:02 local time on Continental (95% on time rate!). Once we have rental car, we're available to help. My cell phone: 832-549-4985. We depart 3pm on Saturday.
Pr. Tim Christ, STS

hillwilliam

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2009, 07:53:28 PM »
If I come, I'll fly in, stay as close to the meeting site as possible, and take taxis to get around. Would share cabs when possible.

I have a car booked and will be staying at Hotel Indigo which is 5 miles from the church. It wouldn't be a problem for me to give you a ride from your hotel to the event and back. Give me a call at the Hotel Indigo when you get in or leave a message and I'll get back to you.

RayToy

• ALPB Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2009, 12:30:02 AM »
Haven't made a firm decision on attending yet (for many reasons), but if I do, I'll be staying with family and will have "wheels" to help shuttle some...

Art

Hi Art,

In another thread, you mentioned that you are now going.  Have you arranged arrival and departure times yet?

Thanks,
Ray
Deacon Raymond Toy, OSSD

Revbert

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2009, 01:18:36 PM »
Here are my plans:

Arr IND 2:45 pm Southwest #1545
(My sis or her hubby will be picking me up)
Will likely go to the house and then head to Fishers

Tues AM-Leave Indy for the STS General Retreat:  Will have room for 3 passengers, if any STS members are flying to Indy.

Thurs Noon-Leave STS Rertreat and head back to Indy: will have room for 3 passengers

Fri 2 Oct-Leave Indy for Baltimore, hon

Also looking for those sticking around who might want to do dinner Sat night followed by the usual extensive conversation over beverages <G>

I'll be in Indy through Tues AM, when I'll head for the STS General Retreat
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 04:56:46 PM by Art Hebbeler, STS »

Team Hesse

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2009, 04:10:34 PM »
Will post my travel plans shortly...

Also looking for those sticking around who might want to do dinner Sat night followed by the usual extensive conversation over beverages <G>

I'll be in Indy through Tues AM, when I'll head for the STS General Retreat

Count me in.  I don't fly home until Sunday AM.  I'm staying at the Quality Inn on Bash Road (as listed on the brochure) and will have a car.  I arrive late Thursday night so will also have all day Friday to entertain myself ...and meet people.
Lou
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 04:23:08 PM by Team Hesse »

krs1984

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2009, 10:50:05 PM »
OK Here is another set of plans

Leave Friday Morning to drive to Indianapolis for meeting

Staying Friday and Saturday night at
Comfort Suites (IN114)
9760 Crosspoint Blvd. , Indianapolis, IN, US, 46256
Phone: (317) 578-1200

Then after a local Sunday Morning Worship driving to

STS Retreat (Early Arrival setup)  staying Sunday Monday

STS Retreat Tues-Thursday

12 noon Thursday Departing for either  "Maryland"  Home  or "PA"  old home  depending on energy

Willing to have a fellow traveler join me either on the way..... Picking up someone in Southern Ohio or Western PA
Or taking a person from Fischers to Munderlin

Only expectation would be to assist with the driving since My Prius will do fine..... about 1 tank 10 gallons to get to Fishers.....
another tank to get to Munderlin and back to Fishers area.... then the third tank home..... (Maybe a fourth tank if I do a lot of local driving) all told $80 plus tolls plus assured Oil Change due to the mileage.

If intersted to join me send a separate email to my KRS1984@comcast.net    mailbox......