11 (33.3%)
No, the Papacy was the Antichrist but Vatican II has changed things
4 (12.1%)
Don't know or care; not important to my ministry
5 (15.2%)
No, the Papacy has never been the Antichrist
13 (39.4%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: Is The Papacy Still The Very Antichrist?  (Read 13428 times)

BHHughes

Re: Is The Papacy Still The Very Antichrist?
« Reply #135 on: December 30, 2013, 09:02:25 PM »
Hmmm.  Did a few of us just get invited to leave the ELCA?

:-\

spt+
Still threatening to stay...

My brother used to come home from work complaining about his job. Finally his wife and kids told him that if the job was that bad, quick and get another job. Were they inviting him to leave his job; or was their real invitation: "Stop your complaining. We're sick and tired of hearing about all your woes night after night."

A couple of old adages I was taught: "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

"If you aren't part of the solution, you're part of the problem."

The ELCA is not perfect. Tell us how you are making it better, rather than just complaining about it's imperfections.

Please tell us, Pastor Stoffregen, where Pastor Tibbets has engaged in "just complaining about it's imperfections."  Charles has been engaging in an argument with Pastor Hughes on this thread, and has an ongoing feud with Mr. Erdner, but it seems to me that he included Pastor Tibbets because he considers him "one of the usual suspects" and guilty by association.  You pile on by assuming that Pastor Tibbets must have been guilty and demanding he justify himself. 

And before you ask for evidence, I'll give it: 

This thread was resurrected on December 18 at Reply #74.  Since post #74, Pastor Tibbets has only made two replies.  Neither contained any comment about the ELCA, whether positive or negative.

I think he has an ongoing feud with me too. He reacts rather strongly to nearly everything I post, even when (especially when) a thread or a comment I make has nothing to do with him. I'm flattered I live rent free in his head, but beyond the humor of it, it's kinda creepy.

Dan Fienen

• ALPB Contribution Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 30, 2013, 09:06:31 PM »
Got anything to say about the topic, Pastor Hughes? The topic is not me and it is not you. The topic is our church body, its mission and ministry and how we may support it.
If I expressed some of my opinions of certain posters here, I suspect I would risk falling under the ban once more.

Here I thought that the purpose of this discussion site was to discuss theology, church politics, theological ideas.  That is what you suggest Pastor Hughes do.  But apparently for you the purpose is to express opinions about other posters.  What's it to be?

Dan
Pr. Daniel Fienen
LCMS

Charles_Austin

« Reply #137 on: December 30, 2013, 09:49:52 PM »
it is to be what it is to be. what that is may or may not be the question. We shall see.

Richard Johnson

• ALPB Administrator
  • ALPB Contribution Leader
  • Create in me a clean heart, O God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 30, 2013, 10:52:19 PM »
So we have degenerated (who'd have thought it possible?) from talking about whether the Papacy is the very Antichrist to sniping about whether the ELCA is very Lutheran. I've had enough. Thread closed.
The Rev. Richard O. Johnson, STS