Author Topic: Dhimmi, Get Behind Me by Dexter Van Zile  (Read 5573 times)

ROB_MOSKOWITZ

Re: Dhimmi, Get Behind Me by Dexter Van Zile
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2006, 06:14:38 PM »
P.S.  Remember about 3 years ago there was a news feed about Israeli troops invading Lutheran churches.   The Israelis went from room to room apparently looking for insurgents.   None where apparently found.  

http://www.elca.org/news/Releases.asp?a=2175

:o   Oh no Israel is targeting Lutherans   :o

Then then Israeli troops actually cornered 200 insurgents in another church.   Only this time it was not reported on the news feed.  I think I have that  article from CNN around here.  
http://archives.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/meast/04/17/churchofnativity.pope/index.html

Now that we are in Iraq we are seeing insurgents using Mosques as havens ect.   Interesting?

Yours In Christ
Rob Moskowitz
« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 06:36:14 PM by ROB_MOSKOWITZ »

Mark Christianson

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2006, 02:18:57 PM »
Then then Israeli troops actually cornered 200 insurgents in another church.   Only this time it was not reported on the news feed.

I assume that "the news feed" you refere to is the previously quoted ELCA news.  In which case I'd have to wonder why ELCA news releases, which is not a general news source, would include the insurgents traped in the Church of the Nativity.  The reason there was a release about the troops entering the buildings of Christmas Lutheran Church is because they are fellow Lutherans, fellow members of the LWF with whom we have a particular connection.   The other story was one to be concerned about, but one that there is no particular reason for the ELCA news service to issue a release about.

Daniel Lilie

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2006, 12:34:47 PM »
Thank you for your thoughtful article.  I see the current Islamo-fascist campaign as one that is attempting to impose dhimmitude on Europe and, perhaps, on the United States.  We should not cave in to Islamo-fascist intimidation.

G.Edward

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2006, 01:52:49 PM »
Thank you all (particularly Dexter Van Zile, Erma Wolf, and Mark Christianson) for filling in some of the gaps in my all-too-inadequet knowledge of the Israli-Palestinian conflict.

Revbert

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2006, 02:41:26 AM »
I just returned from the Holy Land on Friday last.  In my stops, an afternoon/early evening to Bethlehem.

First, Security:  I felt safer in Bethlehem than I do in Baltimore.  That said, I wouldn't want to be alone in Bethlehem after dark.  I'm trusting, but not foolish.

Second, the Plight of the Christian Community:  Christians are taking it hard on all sides, but moreso in the Palestinian Authority-controlled areas.  Not only are they trying to recover from almost 5 years of no tourism, they have to deal with the Islamist extremists putting pressure on them as well.  The common plea from every Christian I met was "Be our voice.  Tell folks to come to Bethlehem.  We need the support and, frankly, the hard currency, too."

Third, the bishop of ELCJHL:  I actually had a 10-second meeting with the bishop as he dashed to the Arabic church service at the Church of the Resurrection (he was filling in for the Arabic pastor, who was in hospital with a serious eye infection).  I was talking to Russ Siler (formerly at LOGA, now at LWF and the English congregation pastor at Church of the Resurrection.  He was in a hurry, but at least he said hello (more than some bishops I know).

More later, probably....

Art